********Official VCU Class of 2012********

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I know some good places to live if you are married. Unfortunately I don't really know the single student apartment situation well.

Members don't see this ad.

I know some good places to live if you are married. Unfortunately I don't really know the single student apartment situation well.

My parents are actually thinking about investing and buying a place?

I posted on another thread, but I"m looking at a close location to campus, good resale value and open to condo/townhome/single home.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

go to Florida. you would be saving alot of money and florida is a much better place to live

I might be saving some money (I think it will be about $60,000 extra to go to VCU)...but I am so tired of living in FL and I am tired of UF as well. To me, I think it would be worth it for me to go to VCU, also..UF is more research oriented and VCU is more clinical...which is more suitable to my preferences and personality. I just want to get out of FL!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Agreed... go to Florida, we can NOT have 2 sugar(s). There is one and only one sugar, and that is me...sugarsalt

lol..sorry about the similar name... but i LOVE sugar! didnt mean to make anyone upset. im not a big "poster" on this thing anyways.. so dont worry. i am just trying to decide between two schools. take care.

I figured I would dig up the official VCU thread to post this question. Does anybody know how parking is for Dental students at VCU?

I figured I would dig up the official VCU thread to post this question. Does anybody know how parking is for Dental students at VCU?

I got dropped off by a dental student host for my interview at which point he went to go park somewhere. Don't quote me on this but I think I remember him saying that both dental and medical students have a parking lot. If not there's an allcomers parking lot less then half a mile away from the Lyons building.

BTW, I'M STILL STOKED ABOUT GETTING ACCEPTED ON THE 30TH!!!!!! BOWMCHICKAWOW-WOW!!!!

Downtown, there are a few parking options. You can park in the 8th street parking deck which costs $$, you can park in the A lot, or I lot (don't know the location but they have shuttles to the dental school) and also cost $$, you can park for free on 7th street near the interstate, but there aren't many spots, so you have to get there around 7:15am, you can park in a free lot on 3rd street like me and just hike the 8 blocks but it doesn't cost $$, or you can park on the academic campus and shuttle over to the medical campus. It is up to you. I do have to admit that though I do the 8 block walking commute, it is not much fun in the rain. Most pay to park.

Here's a question for SugarNaCl or anyone else who might be able to answer it. What is the primary use of laptops at VCU? Do students usually take all their notes on them? Is it something you bring to school with you every day? Is a PC the only option or can we get a Mac?

Here's a question for SugarNaCl or anyone else who might be able to answer it. What is the primary use of laptops at VCU? Do students usually take all their notes on them? Is it something you bring to school with you every day? Is a PC the only option or can we get a Mac?

In my class of 90, probably 10-15 bring laptops. They are a mix of PC and Mac. We don't present on them or anything so they are not required. Obviously a comp at home is nearly essential unless you want to spend a lot more time at school.

In my class of 90, probably 10-15 bring laptops. They are a mix of PC and Mac. We don't present on them or anything so they are not required. Obviously a comp at home is nearly essential unless you want to spend a lot more time at school.

But can't you just get a laptop and use it both at school and home. I thought I remembered them talking about laptops during the interview.

I'm happy for you guys...and a tad bit jealous...:p

I'm getting my application material ready for May, so hopefully I'll see you guys next year! *crosses fingers*

Can someone please tell me why VCU is starting in July from now on?

Third. In dental anatomy... STUDY! The first 2 exams for us were pretty easy. The questions were mostly given to us for homework before the exam. I received a 94 and a 97. Problem was we had 5 exams. We got very accustomed to just studying those questions, some of which were verbatim. We expected this to continue but BAM...walked into test 3, total content... all the information learned to that point. The test was supposed to be mainly on premolars and ended up being largely on incisors and canines. Questions we never saw before. The class average dropped about 15 points. The other 2 exams (final and practical) were the same...just forewarning. STUDY!

HAHAHA yeaa that was so funny...