OFFICIAL: VCU MCV Class of 2007

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

integra892

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey fellow VCU med students,
I didnt see a thread for our future school so I started one. I just wanted to find out who my fellow students were going to be and what kind of backgrounds we all came from. My name is Vishal and I just graduated from UCSD. I interviewed at VCU on December 19th. Just got accepted off the waitlist on friday (yesterday). I dont know anything about my living situation or anything like that. I got soo much stuff to do!!! Well, I cant wait to start this august, and get to know all of my fellow students!

Members don't see this ad.

no one else on SDN is going to VCU? where are all my future classmates at?

Congrats, integra! I'll be there at VCU with you. I'm getting pretty excited, but a little freaked out too. Looking at the exam schedule was a little nerve-wracking. :)

I went to a small liberal arts school in New England, and graduated a few years ago. I'm definitely looking forward to a mild winter (I hope!). Have you found a place to live? I just found a place in the Fan--I'm planning to take the shuttle from the undergrad campus to MCV. I hope it doesn't take too long in the AM...

I have tons of questions for you and other people that are going to VCU, but I won't be around a computer much for the next few weeks, so I guess that would be pointless, huh? See you in a month! eek!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi everybody. I wanted to know if anyone has already bought parking at MCV or if anyone knows anything about it. I am pretty sure I am going to need it and didn't know if I should get it now or wait until orientation. Also, if you have bought it, which parking deck should I get?

Thanks!

Congratulations and welcome to all those who will be here shortly. Parking situation: wait until orientation. Unless you live in the dorms on MCV campus, you can really only park in I-Lot or the bottom of the hill..there's a lot there that runs about $1.50/day. Either way, it's a bit of a walk to Baruch Auditorium. If you go with I-Lot, there is a shuttle service that can take you from the lot to Sanger Hall. At any rate, wait until orientation. Everything will be explained in full, even if you do have sit through hours boring introductions. :p

hey wallie and btmed! I cant wait to meet you guys and everyone else. Are any of you guys starting to get anxious about starting medschool? I have so many things I have to do before school starts and I seem to be procrastinating a lot. Does anyone know which cell phone service is good in Richmond? Ide like to get that taken care of. Well, ill see all of you there.

hi again--heck yeah I'm freaking out. :) But looking forward to it too, of course. I'm moving down this week. Hoping it's not toooooo hot...

I'd like to get the scoop on cell phone service too. Someone I know has Sprint and has no complaints, but there must be plenty of other companies too. Does anyone know how Sun Com is?

Sprint and Verizon are good cell services. I have verizon, and never had a problem.

Hey eagle26 or anyone else that is already in the MCV area,
Me and one other guy have found a place in the Fan near Carytown. I just wanted to know if this area was a good safe area to live in. The neighborhood didnt seem all that great but I really dont know anything about the actual safety. I just want to have a place to come home to and not have to worry about break ins or my precious vehicle being broken into. If anyone can help please reply back. Thanks.

I just wanted to say CONGRATS!! to everyone going to VCU med in the fall. I just graduated from VCU undergrad, but i'm heading up to philly for dental school.

i know several people that will be in your class and several that are older. a lot of my best friends are in your class. you're gonna have a great time in richmond.

Good Luck to you all.

Thanks for the cell phone info, eagle26. I just got to Richmond and called to set up a land line and was told it would take weeks to get it activated! Huh? I guess Verizon is striking, so it's screwing things up. I don't know if that's affecting their cell services or not. Anyway, my point is, if you want a land line, call right away to set it up.

Integra, I don't know much about safety of different areas, but the fan seems to be the best bet from what I can tell. I think the neighborhoods sometimes change quickly as you go down a block or two, so maybe you could go by the place at night and see if it feels okay. Glad you found a place, carytown seems fun. I saw something about the watermelon festival there this sunday, lots of bands, etc. Overall, Richmond seems a lot more fun than I expected, and people are soooooooo nice ! :)