**Official West Virginia University School of Dentistry Class of 2021 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toothout

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is the West Virginia Thread. Who else applied here?

Members don't see this ad.

So, is there a way to edit the title of the thread due to typos ?:rofl:
Edit: done :)

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Nope. Not a single email. Not even the "application received". I thought they didn't like me already lol :laugh:

Last edited:
I am applying as well! Haven't heard anything yet.

Anyone else get this email?

Thank you for applying to the West Virginia University School of Dentistry Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) program. This email is to confirm that your application materials for 2016-2017 application cycle have been received from the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS).

Your application will be reviewed by the Dental Admissions Committee. If you are selected to receive a secondary (institutional) application, one will be sent to you via email along with instructions for submitting the required secondary application fee.

The Office of Dental Admissions commonly communicates with applicants by email. Please add [email protected] to your address book to prohibit delayed communication caused by messages being sent to your spam folder.

Additionally, please make sure that all required letters of recommendation are submitted per the instructions on the West Virginia University School of Dentistry Admissions website and the AADSAS website, and official Dental Admissions Test (DAT) scores are released to AADSAS from the American Dental Association (ADA) Department of Testing Services.

If you have questions or no longer wish to be considered for admission, please contact the Office of Dental Admissions at 304-293-6646 or [email protected].

Sincerely,

Shelia S. Price DDS, EdD

Associate Dean for Admissions, Recruitment, and Access

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else get this email?

Thank you for applying to the West Virginia University School of Dentistry Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S.) program. This email is to confirm that your application materials for 2016-2017 application cycle have been received from the Associated American Dental Schools Application Service (AADSAS).

Your application will be reviewed by the Dental Admissions Committee. If you are selected to receive a secondary (institutional) application, one will be sent to you via email along with instructions for submitting the required secondary application fee.

The Office of Dental Admissions commonly communicates with applicants by email. Please add [email protected] to your address book to prohibit delayed communication caused by messages being sent to your spam folder.

Additionally, please make sure that all required letters of recommendation are submitted per the instructions on the West Virginia University School of Dentistry Admissions website and the AADSAS website, and official Dental Admissions Test (DAT) scores are released to AADSAS from the American Dental Association (ADA) Department of Testing Services.

If you have questions or no longer wish to be considered for admission, please contact the Office of Dental Admissions at 304-293-6646 or [email protected].

Sincerely,

Shelia S. Price DDS, EdD

Associate Dean for Admissions, Recruitment, and Access

Got it! I'm OOS.

Got it! I'm OOS.[/QUOTE]

Me too Coramac. I'm not far from West Virginia though, only a two hour drive from Morgantown.

Got it! I'm OOS.

Me too Coramac. I'm not far from West Virginia though, only a two hour drive from Morgantown.[/QUOTE]

Same here, except I'm more like 3 hours! That's why I decided to apply even though I'm not in-state

Last edited:
Received the invitation for interview on 9/16. Anyone went to the interview yet?

The interview is really casual. There were a brief writing session and after that the interview. Just be yourself and they know if you lie

4 questions: answer 2 out of 4.

I received an interview invite for September 30th.

Reactions: 2 users
By casual do you mean they didn't ask really formal questions like strengths/weaknesses, name a time when?

At first it was very casual but then they will look into your application info. They will ask, for instance, what is other hand-eye coordination do you have beside the one you put on the application. Any challenges/why dentistry/work experiences/explanation of why you didn't do well in certain classes...let me know if it helps

how many people give the interview?

Wondering the same thing. Has anybody heard from WVU or received a supplemental application that is an in state (IS) applicant by chance?

IS, interview scheduled*

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Status
Not open for further replies.