Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Official word on this semester's grades

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by choker, Oct 28, 2001.

1. choker

choker Senior Member

okay guys, did some research and found out from my preprofessional dean that___ for most schools, sending out grades this semester are neither recommended nor required. if you perform the same as or better than you have in the past (yeah, right) then you can send them in; otherwise, forget about it.

HOWEVER!!!- there are a very limited number of schools that specifically request this semester's grades, specifically Loma Linda and NYU. im not sure how much they count, but you've gotta send them in.

that's at least the official final word at my school.

so enjoy yourselves and hope this helps.

-ardychoker

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Trek

Trek Grand Uranium Member

Feck! --Trek

(I applied to NYU, but at least the post rhymes!)

4. THE instiGATOR

THE instiGATOR Cow Tipper

I thought that we could just insert new grades into our AMCAS app and resubmit. After doing this, the schools can access new grades electronically (given AMCAS ever gets the system up and running). Is this not how it is supposed to be working in a perfect world? :confused:

5. DrSuga

DrSuga Senior Member

I thought that we could just insert new grades into our AMCAS app and resubmit.

Do you really think this is such a good idea?? I'm sure schools will understand if you are nervous about resubmitting grades via AMCAS...

6. choker

choker Senior Member

that would mean that you would have to send in your transcript again and the grades would have to be verified.

no way dude.

the point is that you CAN send them in, but it's NOT REQUIRED (at almost all most places).

7. md2be06

md2be06 Senior Member

In a perfect world, yes. In AMCAS's world, hell no. No way I'm touching my AMCAS application again, and risking screwing something up.