Officially an NYU-ite

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mackchops

Toothy grin
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Rejection letter from Columbia tonight. Officially going to NYU. Not too surprised or sad... pretty psyched that it's over and official! Can't wait to head up to the city.

Mack

Members don't see this ad.

your DATs are stellar.. how come they booted you?

NYU is a great school, I think. the $$ is the one serious downfall.

But you're in and you're set. Best of luck. :thumbup:

I'm very very close to officially claiming myself an "NYU-ite" as well. But for some reason I keep going back and forth b/t there and UDM. But I should have my decision made in the next week or so. Still a great chance i'll be at NYU though!

Members don't see this ad :)
Welcome to NYU. There's nothing like being truly in the heart of the city, where all of the action and opportunities are.

Made it official...NYU it is for me as well! Withdrawing my UDM acceptance later this week.

Made it official...NYU it is for me as well! Withdrawing my UDM acceptance later this week.

Congrats Shamrock! I know you were agonizing over this decision for a while.

shamrock2006, I'm glad you finally chose NYU. I wish August was next month.

hey ill be attending nyu next year too...i know everyone is excited for august...but i just don't want to leave undergrad...its too much fun...anyone feeling this way too?

You went to Colgate?
I spent my freshman year there and transferred to NYU as a sophomore.
Nice to know that someone is going to Dental school a few years after graduating. I graduated NYU last spring (06), and plan on attending dental school in the 09 cycle.

You went to Colgate?
I spent my freshman year there and transferred to NYU as a sophomore.
Nice to know that someone is going to Dental school a few years after graduating. I graduated NYU last spring (06), and plan on attending dental school in the 09 cycle.

I went to Colgate too!

Well...didn't go to Colgate..but still pretty psyched for August. Orientation is the 20th right? and Classes start the 27th? Hopefully during that orientation week they just make you do **** during the day and the nights are free...pretty sweet if you ask me

Welcome to NYU. There's nothing like being truly in the heart of the city, where all of the action and opportunities are.

hehe...only if it's not so expensive...I definitely want a piece of that action. :D

I am headed to NYU. Loved the school and my wife is all crazy about job opps in the city. See ya there!

Good luck in NYU Yellow Snow. I am sure you will love it there. Nice meeting you.

Well...didn't go to Colgate..but still pretty psyched for August. Orientation is the 20th right? and Classes start the 27th? Hopefully during that orientation week they just make you do **** during the day and the nights are free...pretty sweet if you ask me

Yeah, a week of orientation seems pretty extreme. I hope it's less of the randy ice-breaking type activities and more casual get-to-know-everyone events. And then there's the town at night -- can you picture all 250 of us marching around the streets of manhattan trying to find the "cheap" bars (a relative term, I'm sure) while learning how to use the subway? The small-town kids like myself are going to be so wide-eyed that first week -- man, I can't wait for August. Now all I need to do before then is figure out which New York bars play red sox games -- rumor is there are a few.

Mack

Yea, I guess we'll see...a week of nightlife in Manhattan would be a nice way to kick off a dental school career...I found a few pretty low-key and relatively cheap (and by cheap i mean like $5 beers..standard city prices). So they are definitely around..and the subway will definitely be a trip. Still gonna be fun though..hopefully we get to move into the dorms before orientation starts. Oh by the way mack, i facebooked you. Just FYI.

I lived in NYC for 4 years - I'll be your tour guides. The layout of the city is actually quite simple.

Sweet...I love to get to know wherever i'm at in and out...granted I didn't have to do much getting to know Chicago since I've lived here my whole life..but usually my first stop is to find a good bar to go that allows me to just chill and unwind. Did it on the first day of undergrad...why not for d-school as well.