OH GEEZOWEEZ

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HardlyDavidson

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
When you least expect it...

So I'm sitting at my desk, desperately, leafing through the 12 rejections, marveling at and pondering how much effort is placed in writing such a grim letter when alas, the telephone rings. It's the dean from the best medical school ever, and don't bother asking because I won't tell you since I'm making this up as I go along. Dig it? So anyhow, the dean says, "Sir Jack, we've heard all about you through 'the grapevine'". I say, "Grapevine? What Grapevine". The dean retorted,"the grapevine." "Ohhh,THE grapevine! How fascinating!" The venerable dean and I began laughing and speaking of womens wonderful ways for a while. The best was when he said, "Premed gunner? I don't even KNOW her!" Then he says to me, he says, "Jack, Jackass. Haha, get it?" I reply "Oh dean, you're such a joker, your puns captivate me!" The he clears his throat and whispers in a low, gutteral way, "son, you've won yourself a scholarship and an all-expense paid vacation to he British Isles. For a limited time only, no restrictions apply beyond 12/20/01, callers must be 18 or older, the proprietors of Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. will not be held responsible for any lost articles, currencies, or scholarship funds thereafter".

Thanks Dean X of College Y for Prizes Q-Z!

Seriously folks, congrats but beware of how gloating can offend the unsuccessful applicant.

I really do love you all,
Jack

Members don't see this ad.

I was beginning to think I was the only one without an acceptance.

LOL - thanks! Good to know I'm not the only one ;)

That was....touching...Jack.
Just to let you know, I haven't applied yet, but it's good to know that some people don't lose their sense of humor after all the torture and not getting in. I don't know what I'd do if I don't get in....perhaps leave the country and not come back till it's time for another round of applications.
Anyway, y'all will be in my thoughts. I hope you achieve all that you want. :)

Tweetie