SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

OH GEEZOWEEZ

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by HardlyDavidson, Dec 14, 2001.

1. HardlyDavidson

HardlyDavidson Member 7+ Year Member

Nov 3, 2001
    When you least expect it...

So I'm sitting at my desk, desperately, leafing through the 12 rejections, marveling at and pondering how much effort is placed in writing such a grim letter when alas, the telephone rings. It's the dean from the best medical school ever, and don't bother asking because I won't tell you since I'm making this up as I go along. Dig it? So anyhow, the dean says, "Sir Jack, we've heard all about you through 'the grapevine'". I say, "Grapevine? What Grapevine". The dean retorted,"the grapevine." "Ohhh,THE grapevine! How fascinating!" The venerable dean and I began laughing and speaking of womens wonderful ways for a while. The best was when he said, "Premed gunner? I don't even KNOW her!" Then he says to me, he says, "Jack, Jackass. Haha, get it?" I reply "Oh dean, you're such a joker, your puns captivate me!" The he clears his throat and whispers in a low, gutteral way, "son, you've won yourself a scholarship and an all-expense paid vacation to he British Isles. For a limited time only, no restrictions apply beyond 12/20/01, callers must be 18 or older, the proprietors of Carnival Cruise Lines, Inc. will not be held responsible for any lost articles, currencies, or scholarship funds thereafter".

Thanks Dean X of College Y for Prizes Q-Z!

Seriously folks, congrats but beware of how gloating can offend the unsuccessful applicant.

I really do love you all,
    Jack

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. lilic

lilic Junior Member 7+ Year Member

Dec 13, 2001
    CA
    I was beginning to think I was the only one without an acceptance.

4. Badgerbabe

Badgerbabe Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Madison, WI
    LOL - thanks! Good to know I'm not the only one ;)

5. Tweetie_bird

Tweetie_bird 7+ Year Member

Nov 20, 2001
    That was....touching...Jack.
    Just to let you know, I haven't applied yet, but it's good to know that some people don't lose their sense of humor after all the torture and not getting in. I don't know what I'd do if I don't get in....perhaps leave the country and not come back till it's time for another round of applications.
    Anyway, y'all will be in my thoughts. I hope you achieve all that you want. :)

Tweetie