• SDN Site Updates

Hey everyone! The site will be down for approximately 2 hours on Thursday, August 5th for site updates.

polycon7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2006
Las Vegas
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
This is the longest wait...EVER! Anyone who interviewed end of december hear back yet? Early january?

DrMichelle

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
They really do take 6-8 weeks. I got my letter almost 8 weeks to the day.

Good luck!

About the Ads

Dooooom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
You all waitlisted? Friend of mine interviewd first week of January, just found out he was waitlisted yesterday.

cdarnay

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 14, 2005
Status (Visible)
6-8 weeks is pretty typical wait time for medical schools.

also, we are in the middle/getting close to the end of interview schedule and backup do happen with making decisions. if you interviewed in sept-nov, GWU and most other med schools will get back to you usually in 3-4 weeks usually.

rhsu84

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Feb 5, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I interviewed at GW Jan 5, got my letter (waitlist) yesterday. Seems like a lot of people are on the waitlist? Not to be unpleasant, but at our interview, they told us that two years ago, nobody got in off the waitlist. Keep our fingers crossed!

Dooooom

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
yeah, but the differnce is 2 years ago they had a HUGE PROBLEM. They accepted too many people, thinking a greater number of people would decline the acceptance. This led to them having to chang lecture halls, because of the lack of space, due to the abnormally high class size. On top of that i'm sure you can imagine the problems in labs, lack of bodies and so on. So last year, the following year, I don't know how many people they took off the waitlist, but i personally know 3 people (all the people i knew on the waitlist)... I think they under accepted last year in order to avoid the problem again, and i'm sure they are doing that again this year, since it just makes more sense for them. the waitlist will move no worries!!

tacrum43

Behold the mighty echidna
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2004
Seattle, WA
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I interviewed at GW Jan 5, got my letter (waitlist) yesterday. Seems like a lot of people are on the waitlist? Not to be unpleasant, but at our interview, they told us that two years ago, nobody got in off the waitlist. Keep our fingers crossed!

I'm pretty sure there were a few that were accepted, despite the class being full. Either that or the people in the thread that year weren't telling the truth.

There was more movement this past year, although they still made the fewest total number of acceptance offers ever.

CagedBird

Don't Worry, Be Happy
10+ Year Member
Oct 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
To those who have interviewed...are they interviewing for the waitlist at this point?
Good luck to everyone, stay strong!

polycon7

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2006
Las Vegas
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I just found it a little odd that some people from early jan already got waitlist letters.

TwinkleToes

ima miss
10+ Year Member
May 5, 2006
Houston, TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
From what I'm reading, it looks like the ppl that were actually accepted heard within a month. can anyone speak to this? I'm wondering if this was just for people that interviewed early in the cycle (it's going on 6 weeks for me and i haven't heard anything yet, but i'm dreading a waitlist letter b/c i really want to go there).

Yehosh

10+ Year Member
Feb 24, 2007
Toronto, Canada
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student

Oh man, that really sucks. I interviewed Jan 4th and haven't heard yet. I called today and they said the letter was sent out Feb 15th, so I should hear any day now (I live in Canada so the mail may take longer).

But your news really discourages me, is it possible that we were both interviewing for spots on the waitlist that early in the year?

ellieMD

10+ Year Member
Dec 14, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
I interviewed in mid-december and got my acceptance letter in mid-february, exactly eight weeks to the date. Some people who were accepted earlier on in the cycle did hear within a month, but at this point in the cycle I think the eight week estimate is pretty accurate.

medstylee

1K Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2003
www.mdapplicants.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
you guys, i'm pretty sure gw doesn't ever interview for waitlist-at-best. i think if you're interviewing, you're competing for a direct acceptance. i'm also pretty sure we're now done interviewing, so i'd imagine if you haven't heard yet, you'll be hearing pretty soon. last year we were told whether we were at the top of the waitlist or on the regular waitlist sometime in late march. so, i'd imagine everyone will have heard an initial response by that time. none of this is official knowledge, but i'm pretty sure that's how it works. best of luck, gw is fantastic - so glad i chose to attend.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.