• Set Yourself Up For Success Webinar

October 6, 2021 at 2 PM Eastern/11 AM Pacific
    SDN and Osmosis are teaming up to help you get set up for success this school year! We'll be covering study tips, healthy habits, and meeting mentors.

Register Now!

• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday, Wednesday, and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Oh man! I was so close to an A! But the prof gave me a B! Anyways, how do my 1st

alexfoleyc

10+ Year Member
Jul 5, 2007
Well, I was .12 away from getting an A in Biology, but whatever (ended up with a B)! That's not the only class; it also happened in a core class. Do this stuff happen a lot to premeds?

On the second note, here are my finalized 1st semester stats:

Cum GPA: 3.5
Science GPA: 3.51

--Assuming most of you have partially or fully mastered the art of being a premed, do you think I am on good track? I dont know why, but I feel like I had to bust my butt to pull off a simple 3.5. I was aiming for a much higher GPA.

skrilladoc

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2008
Chicago
  1. Medical Student
1. keep working harder to improve your gpa, especially your science gpa
2. do not begin to stress over .12....you will freak out when it is time for the mcat and application process....take everything with a grain of salt.
3. obviously you need to do well in the BCPM classes and pre reqs.
4. expand your horizons, extra curriculars, and research

About the Ads

p30doc

Ever true and unwavering
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2007
  1. Attending Physician
It happens, in almost all my pre-reqs there was no +/-'s given and no rounding, so 89.99, you got that B. It sucks and unfortunately there is a huge difference between 3.0 and 4.0 compared with that .01. Life isn't fair though, move on you will be fine.

Tekbright510

10+ Year Member
Nov 30, 2008
  1. Pre-Medical
That stinks that some of your schools have no +/- !

In response to the OP, I think looking back on my own pre-med journey leading up to my application, there were courses in which I just missed getting that top grade and courses where I just got that top grade. I feel like if you put in the effort and hard work, in the end, things even out and you end up where you deserve to be.

I think an upward trend speaks volumes to adcoms. Keep improving each semester as you become a more efficient and well adjusted premed student.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.