OH NO! I JUST realized there is a mistake on my AMCAS! HELP!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ashtie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
What do I do? I just got an email from a school that said "Please account for the time period between (date)-(date)". I've been doing research since 2002 but my AMCAS says Oct 2003 not Oct 2002 as my start date. Should I send an email to the other schools I've interviewed at? (I haven't heard from any yet).

spaz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
i don't think it would hurt.

just send a short email saying that it has come to your attention that there was a small error in your amcas etc.

klooless

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by spaz
i don't think it would hurt.

just send a short email saying that it has come to your attention that there was a small error in your amcas etc.

I agree. You could also follow up the email with a letter in the mail, since Admissions Office email retrieval is unpredictable at times...

KL

LaurieB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I did the same thing for a work experience of mine. Definitly write them a letter or email.

Auricae

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I think you can petition AMCAS to make changes by writing to them right? I thought I read this somewhere...

dtreese

Caramel Gollum
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are certain portions you can still change, but go ahead and notify the schools. That's a good trait! It shows that you aren't one to ignore or cover up errors. Plus, it's another reason for your name to be noticed again.