OH NO! I JUST realized there is a mistake on my AMCAS! HELP!

• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

ashtie

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 23, 2003
Status (Visible)
What do I do? I just got an email from a school that said "Please account for the time period between (date)-(date)". I've been doing research since 2002 but my AMCAS says Oct 2003 not Oct 2002 as my start date. Should I send an email to the other schools I've interviewed at? (I haven't heard from any yet).

spaz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 26, 2003
Status (Visible)
i don't think it would hurt.

just send a short email saying that it has come to your attention that there was a small error in your amcas etc.

klooless

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2003
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by spaz
i don't think it would hurt.

just send a short email saying that it has come to your attention that there was a small error in your amcas etc.

I agree. You could also follow up the email with a letter in the mail, since Admissions Office email retrieval is unpredictable at times...

KL

About the Ads

LaurieB

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 2, 2003
Chicago
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
I did the same thing for a work experience of mine. Definitly write them a letter or email.

Auricae

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Dec 3, 2003
Status (Visible)
I think you can petition AMCAS to make changes by writing to them right? I thought I read this somewhere...

dtreese

Caramel Gollum
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 24, 2001
KY, The Jelly State
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
There are certain portions you can still change, but go ahead and notify the schools. That's a good trait! It shows that you aren't one to ignore or cover up errors. Plus, it's another reason for your name to be noticed again.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.