Oh Paranoia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Patrick Bateman's Brother

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
AACOMAS: 3.64 cGPA, 3.6 sGPA (upward trend 4.0 last 3 semesters)
MCAT: 499 (125, 124, 125, 125) 505 (125, 125, 130, 125)
LOR's: 2 science professors (Doing research with both), Pharm manager, and MD who I shadowed the most

1000+ Hrs Pharm Tech
1000+ Hrs Volunteer Assistant Coach
200+ Hrs Research (Working on publication)
180 Hrs Shadowing (MD + 2 DO's)
100+ Hrs Clinical volunteer

Applied to: OU (Ohio Resident), LECOM-Erie, LECOM-Bradenton, PCOM, VCOM-Virginia, VCOM-Carolina, KCUMB, KYCOM

I was just verified today. Feel kind of paranoid because I feel that my EC's are a little weak. The schools I applied to were based on how friendly to Ohio applicants (except PCOM apparently).

I don't think anymore shadowing would help my cause, but I plan on doing some volunteer activities this fall. Any and all suggestions are appreciated. I also enjoy sadistic, harsh, and necessary constructive criticism.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, add more schools! PCOM will want a letter from a non-science professor, and some schools will appreciate a letter from one of the DOs you shadowed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, add more schools! PCOM will want a letter from a non-science professor, and some schools will appreciate a letter from one of the DOs you shadowed.

HAHAHAHA I ignorantly forgot that PCOM requests a non-science professor for LOR (Frantically emails professors from 2-3 years ago). I hope they put my primary donation to good use.

I suggest adding more schools.
WVSOM
LMU-DCOM
ACOM
ARCOM
NYIT-Arkansas
MU-COM

I just checked out MU-COM, and I definitely like it.

I guess an eh DO letter and apply to more schools is better than no DO letter and apply to less.

Thanks friends

An MCAT of 499 and only 8 schools is not a good combo, effectively only 6 really because KCU and LECOM-B like higher MCAT scores. I would add all of the schools suggests above except NYIT- AR.

An MCAT of 499 and only 8 schools is not a good combo, effectively only 6 really because KCU and LECOM-B like higher MCAT scores. I would add all of the schools suggests above except NYIT- AR.

Latest mcat is 505: will some schools evaluate with the 499 in mind?

505 is a lot better and will get you additional looks. You still need more schools.

Edit: add more established schools like KCOM, DMU, etc.

505 is a lot better and will get you additional looks. You still need more schools.

Edit: add more established schools like KCOM, DMU, etc.

I'm definitely adding more schools today.

I really appreciate your advice on this post and other threads. It's been very helpful.
Anything in your mind I could do to improve my profile overall?

Thank you

I'm definitely adding more schools today.

I really appreciate your advice on this post and other threads. It's been very helpful.
Anything in your mind I could do to improve my profile overall?

Thank you

With that improved MCAT I think you are good to go.