WildTumor

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status
Medical Student
So, I was finally verified by AMCAS. I submitted on July 5. However, I have a whole bunch of courses that have been verified with an "X." I took those courses as a high school student but entered them as a Freshman since I completed college in three years and I figured that credits 1 - 30 should be entered as "Freshman."

Is the fact that they have been verified with correction going to hurt my chances at acceptances?
Should I resubmit?
Should I simply write an email to AMCAS requesting a change??

PLEASE WRITE YOUR SUGGESTIONS!!!

I'm flippin' out!!

riceman04

10+ Year Member
Mar 21, 2005
Los Angeles
Status
Medical Student
WildTumor said:
So, I was finally verified by AMCAS. I submitted on July 5. However, I have a whole bunch of courses that have been verified with an "X." I took those courses as a high school student but entered them as a Freshman since I completed college in three years and I figured that credits 1 - 30 should be entered as "Freshman."

Is the fact that they have been verified with correction going to hurt my chances at acceptances?
Should I resubmit?

I'm flippin' out!!

NO...so dont flip out!

spospo

Going to extremes
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jun 13, 2006
The 'kane
Status
Medical Student
um.....i hear it isn't a HUGE deal. yeah, you have a few X's, but it isn't as if they had to correct all the letter grades you input. they just had to correct the year in school you said you were (right?). i'm sure someone else has better advice, but i wouldn't freak out too much about it.

About the Ads
OP
WildTumor

WildTumor

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status
Medical Student
spospo said:
um.....i hear it isn't a HUGE deal. yeah, you have a few X's, but it isn't as if they had to correct all the letter grades you input. they just had to correct the year in school you said you were (right?). i'm sure someone else has better advice, but i wouldn't freak out too much about it.
I understand that they didn't have to change any of the grades but how do med-schools know what they did an didn't change?
All they see is a correction!
ARGH!!

MollyMalone

I'm a Score Quadruplet
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 30, 2004
The anterosuperior branch of the inferomedial some
Status
WildTumor said:
I understand that they didn't have to change any of the grades but how do med-schools know what they did an didn't change?
All they see is a correction!
ARGH!!
Seriously, no need for the "ARGH."

DON'T PANIC!!!!!

It is not going to be a problem.

Deep breaths.

Compass

Squishy
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Apr 15, 2006
Status

Panic, panic! Prepare for an emergency janitorial major change!

Calm down, it's only a few Xs. Worse comes to worse, you just tell them at the interview.

Bubchik

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2004
Status
WildTumor said:

Should I resubmit?

I'm flippin' out!!
Your grades are correct, right?
If they are then do not worry, I had a bunch of classes with an X that I have misclassified as non-science vs science. I do not think they care, they just want to be sure that all the info is correct.

OP
WildTumor

WildTumor

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status
Medical Student
Thanks for your help and support guys....especially on a day where I had a rough practice test. Scores were on a steady incline and then this AMCAS correction issue and a bad test day.
What a day..."So you had a bad day..."

somemaybedoc

ms0
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
Texas
Status
Resident [Any Field]
Don't worry. Adcoms seem to know that often mistakes are made with classifications on apps. Since it's just a year classification and not a bunch of incorrect letter grades I don't thing they'll even consider it.

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
Right behind you
Status
Post Doc
All my current/future courses that didn't have a grade were verified with a correction, so they have an X next to them...is it the same for everyone? I'm not worrying since I haven't even started those classes and the people on the phone told me future courses listed were not binding.

Punkn

at the Christie Rd tracks
10+ Year Member
Sep 21, 2005
Status
Attending Physician
baylormed said:
All my current/future courses that didn't have a grade were verified with a correction, so they have an X next to them...is it the same for everyone? I'm not worrying since I haven't even started those classes and the people on the phone told me future courses listed were not binding.
Hmm...interesting. My current/future courses were not verified with correction.

OP
WildTumor

WildTumor

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status
Medical Student
Punkn said:
Hmm...interesting. My current/future courses were not verified with correction.
Mine weren't corrected.

baylormed

On the Search
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 4, 2005
Right behind you
Status
Post Doc
WildTumor said:
Mine weren't corrected.
Maybe it was just some mistake I made, like listing them under the wrong semester or year.... :rolleyes:

OP
WildTumor

WildTumor

10+ Year Member
Jul 4, 2006
NYC
Status
Medical Student
baylormed said:
Maybe it was just some mistake I made, like listing them under the wrong semester or year.... :rolleyes:
That's possible. See if it can be changed (if you think it nakes a difference)

TMB M.D.

10+ Year Member
Jul 11, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
I have Xs on all of my entries except for a few with /s !!! My major was medical technology and I classified my medtech classes as health science. They changed most of these classes to Biology and left the rest as health science... I don't know what kind of criteria they have for correcting the classification.
Anyway, my corse work section looks soooo messy with so many Xs ! I hope it won't affect my chance of getting accepted.....

Ashers

Bacteria? Don't exist.
10+ Year Member
Apr 5, 2006
Land of Entrapment
Status
Attending Physician
I didn't even realize X's could be a bad thing. I had a bunch on my AMCAS due to study abroad classes. So I think I had at least an entire year's worth of X's plus a few random X's here and there for all my 190+ units I had taken. It didn't hurt me getting into med school. I didn't even get asked about it in interviews. Don't worry.

About the Ads