dxu

the great one
15+ Year Member
Mar 7, 2006
Pittsburgh
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
Maybe I am just an idiot (of which there is a good possibility) but I am not totally understanding everything. I'm sitting here looking at two problems that I don't know how to get the answer. It just isn't working!

Is there a book or website or something that can help me with these basic concepts so when it comes time for higher level Chems I won't be so freaking lost?

thanks a ton,
dxu

spicedmanna

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2006
Somewhere over the rainbow
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
Maybe I am just an idiot (of which there is a good possibility) but I am not totally understanding everything. I'm sitting here looking at two problems that I don't know how to get the answer. It just isn't working!

Is there a book or website or something that can help me with these basic concepts so when it comes time for higher level Chems I won't be so freaking lost?

thanks a ton,
dxu

When I was making my way through general chemistry, I found this site quite useful:

http://www.chemguide.co.uk/

MCATTT

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 20, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]

thanks a ton,
dxu

I am a chem major. Don't blame on yourself. Chemistry can be tough sometimes. This is a silly quesion, but have you try reading your textbooks? Usually, the books do pretty good job.

About the Ads

Chunkeroni

10+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
NY
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical

phungus

10+ Year Member
Nov 29, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
i have a book called organic chemistry as a second language and it is really helpful. I didnt do very well in gen chem, but ochem so far seems a lot better (thanks to this book.) well, actually we'll see when i get my midterm back. but even if i did badly, i feel like i have a better understanding of the subject.

rmsgolfer

10+ Year Member
Feb 8, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
i struggled with gen chem also. dont feel bad if you feel lost, chem is like another language. it will take some time but keep plugging away. orgo 1 and 2 is nothing like gen chem so dont worry about those yet. hope all works out, good luck!:D

DoctorMom78

Sky Glory
10+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2006
Speedwell, TN
www.myspace.com
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
I feel your pain!:eek: I HATED gen chem. I am finally in orgo 2 now, and that is much better. I don't have any suggestions other than to study as much as you can and try really hard. I am sure you will be able to suffer through it. Does your school offer tutoring? Does your professor have office hours? You may want to try one of those options if they are available. :luck: :luck:

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.