Oh, the woe!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MorningLight210

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just one more example of how pre-meditis can completely DEVOUR what would be your life....

I was just asked to conduct an interview with Janet Reno next week for a PBS special to air next January. Wow, what an opportunity...and what an honor!!! But guess what??? I have biochem lab during the hours of the interview. I could skip out and try to make it up, but...my class schedule is from 10-6 EVERYDAY, so when would I make it up, and I already know that IF I am so lucky as to be graced with interviews, I'll already have to take days out of lab and scramble to make up the work. THANK YOU lab classes and medical school admissions!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

ARE YOU CRAZY????? To hell with lab!!! Take the hit and do the interview!!

Biochem labs are a dime a dozen. An interview with Janet Reno is once in a lifetime. I would definitely do the interview over a measly biochem lab...

Members don't see this ad :)
Have you been taking stupid pills (from Toy Story)

Do the interview. You can make up the work if you try.

Hey guys, go easy.

I also turned it down because I don't feel I'd be the best person to conduct the interview in the first place. I hardly know anything about her! I know I could do a load of research over the weekend, but I still don't believe that the questions I could come up with would be as worthwhile as those someone who knows a lot about her would be. I just called a friend of mine whom I believe would be much more suitable.

I must admit that had my day been free, or even if I still had lab but had an easier schedule all around, I would have said "the heck with my ignorance" and gone for it. But it's a lot more complicated than that...and I think my friend might be more valuable to the project anyway.

I posted b/c it had just happened and I needed to vent. Maybe I shouldn't have. :(

Though on a COMPLETELY different, base, level, I understand what you are going through.

I had to turn down writing jobs on two WGA shows (guild shows, lots of $$$) while I was taking inorganic chemistry one summer. Nothing great, we're talking Sex Wars and Don't Forget Your Toothbrush here, but still.

I could have really used the money at the time!
-watto

I wouldn't interview Janet Reno either! She has proved to be on the same level as Bill Clinton.

Originally posted by MorningLight210:
•Hey guys, go easy.

I also turned it down because I don't feel I'd be the best person to conduct the interview in the first place. I hardly know anything about her! I know I could do a load of research over the weekend, but I still don't believe that the questions I could come up with would be as worthwhile as those someone who knows a lot about her would be. I just called a friend of mine whom I believe would be much more suitable.

I must admit that had my day been free, or even if I still had lab but had an easier schedule all around, I would have said "the heck with my ignorance" and gone for it. But it's a lot more complicated than that...and I think my friend might be more valuable to the project anyway.

I posted b/c it had just happened and I needed to vent. Maybe I shouldn't have. :(

My apologies if I was a bit harsh, but I just can't think of a single class that I wouldn't have missed (except a final exam) so that I could interview someone like that. Granted, many of us may completely disagree with her...But that aside, think of it as the most interesting story you'll have to tell. I couldn't top that story.

You have to admit, though, that the reasons you outlined for going to lab over the interview in your first post are completely different than in your last post.

Thank you rxfudd.

I know, I realize that I wasn't all-inclusive in my first post. I over-simplified the matter. I turned the interview down for all of the reasons in both my first and second posts, but I didn't mention all of them at first because I didn't think they would be relevant to this forum. Just the fact that stupid AMCAS and this whole grueling process could play any part at all in something like this, was enough to irk me. I realize that I wasn't perfectly clear in my post...I apologize for that confusion! I didn't realize it would become as much of an issue, I was just complaining. Teaches me not to complain, or at least to complain explicitly...maybe this is a good lesson!

Interview Reno! How many of us will get an opportunity to interview the former US Attorney General? Of course, in the end, it's up to you but I would have regrets, letting something like this slip by...

This is nothing comparable, but I had a huge exam in chem the next day. But Hillary Clinton was planning to speak at a rally and I had tickets! So I skipped studying and went to see her...and guess what, I didn't fail the exam :)