Oh yeah baby

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PreMedAdAG

I am so smart. S-M-R-T :)
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, I am officially "dorking out" over here.. it's the halfway mark of studying for me.. I'm five or six weeks in with 5 weeks to go!! For the second summer in a row. Anyone have any good jokes.. fun stories.... yesterday I did a somersault because I got every answer right on a verbal passage.....wow.. am I losing it or what? Anyone in the California area who's studying for this august's test? I'm from the bay area, so let me know.........also, anyone taking the test in Oakland? :clap:

Members don't see this ad.

Heres a mad idea, why dont you get out and try having a life you fruitcake neurotic premeds. In teh end the difference between a 37 and 38 arent going to be even slightly important.

Cerebrus.. here's something for you to roll up and smoke.. I got a 23Q on the last MCAT, what do you really think I should do.. take it easy... I have taken 9MCATs, never scoring above a 24!!! Don't call me neurotic.. try persistent

Originally posted by PreMedAdAG
Well, I am officially "dorking out" over here.. it's the halfway mark of studying for me.. I'm five or six weeks in with 5 weeks to go!! For the second summer in a row. Anyone have any good jokes.. fun stories.... yesterday I did a somersault because I got every answer right on a verbal passage.....wow.. am I losing it or what? Anyone in the California area who's studying for this august's test? I'm from the bay area, so let me know.........also, anyone taking the test in Oakland? :clap:

congrats

Members don't see this ad :)
Just wanted to say that you're excitement for studying is contagious. It's hard to believe that you still enjoy it with just halfway to go. That's GREAT! I hope I can keep up my motivation and excitement next year when I'm studying for the mcat.

Thanks again for the jubilee(ism........is that even a word?!?...lol) and good luck in aug.

Corey.

wow you have taken 9 MCATs? how do you keep from feeling discouraged? this next MCAT is going to be the second time going in for me and I'm already starting to feel discouraged. what's your secret?:wow:

hm.. no secret really.. it's not like I'm saying that I haven't thrown things across the room, cried in a pillow, felt defeat knocking at my doorstep... oh yes.. been there done that.. it's just become more about me.. I'm over the medical schools admissions committee, I want to get above a 25 for me. Hey.. I only have 3 more MCAT's to take in my entire life.. I can't wait to get if over with!

if you scored a perfect on the AAMC Exams I or II...then it's really not indicative of a real score on the real thing - i know quite a few who scored well on that...in fact people actually disregard those exams and feel at times they hinder your studying because they give false hope/ not really the material that they test on now....great score though...peace

Originally posted by Mgro33
wow you have taken 9 MCATs? how do you keep from feeling discouraged? this next MCAT is going to be the second time going in for me and I'm already starting to feel discouraged. what's your secret?:wow:

I think they meant 9 practice mcats. Isn't there a limit to 3 real mcats or are they more than happy to continue taking your money forever?

of course I meant practice.. I'd be an old fart if I had taken 9 real MCATs... these are just all the practice tests I've taken, including one real one.

I thought it was 9 REAL MCATs b/c someone on the examkrackers website said she took the actual thing 7 times and that was the highest I've ever heard up until what I thought was now.