Ohh my God ..I still can't believe it !!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I really don't care if the story is true or not, and I really don't care where s/he got into, but the story would've been more interesting by knowing. It just seemed like Cookie caused more of a stir by purposely justifying why she didn't post the school...I don't think people are totally jealous per se, but more frustrated because this process is such a crapshoot. Anyback, back to studying biochem... :confused: :( :( :confused: :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

OK. Fine enough. I don't imagine we'll ever know what Cookie's reasons are, so...

I'm putting off my biochem. :D I still have a week to go, so I can afford to procrastinate for a couple of days. ;)

I really wanted this thread to die, but since Corleone quoted my post I want to respond for one last time on this god-forsaken thread ;)

First of all - No, I am not jealous of Cookie's acceptance. Honest. I'm just not that way. I have several interviews lined up myself and I am confident that I will get in somewhere. Even if I wasn't, though, I still wouldn't be jealous - it's just not my style and I wish you hadn't tried to call me out on that. Anyway - I do, however, think it is very wrong for any school to give acceptances on the spot like that. I do believe it is unprofessional and that adcoms should be sensitive to all the people interviewing that particular day. Why make people feel bad by offering one or two people accepances right after the interview and leaving everyone else wondering what they did wrong? Why not just send a letter in the mail the next day. Overnight it if they are anxious to inform someone. Come on, there's just no reason for a school to do such a thing. Ok, that's that as far as I'm concerned. Goodnight all :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I think this thread is about the funniest thing I've read in weeks! I think this "Cookie" character is quite shady. We should not stop this thread until s/he comes through with the goods!

For the Love of Christ -

What's the &*&%#& school?!?!

It has definitely been established that it's MCO in Toledo, Ohio. I seriously doubt we'll be hearing from Cookie, again, which is a shame. I'm sure s/he didn't realize the effect withholding information would have on SDNers, not to mention the strength of their investigative skills! BTW, welcome to SDN! :)

does anyone really believe this? Accepted on the spot? Man, I didn't realize pre-meds were so gullible.

We can congratulate her in another thing: starting an interesting post with over 40+ replies...and going...

For those of you who said it is MCO, I agree based on the following post, which I came across by sure chance:
<a href="http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=005765" target="_blank">http://www.studentdoctor.net/cgi-bin/ubbcgi/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=1&t=005765</a>

You have to be careful on this site not to put your foot in your mouth by divulging too much info. She said she had an interview there on 12/10 (the same day she created this thread).

Congratulations Cookie, I am sure that are exceptional! All you had to say was that you got accepted, you did not have to show a lack of integrity by "bragging" that you were offered admission on the spot. That is a private matter.

I haven't kept up with this thread nearly enough, but I'm with Kutastha. This story sounds a little too fishy, and cookie's failure to provide more details as for defending it makes it even sketchier in my mind.

Why wouldn't more of us have heard of scenarioes such as this if it were a strict numbers proposition like some have suggested. Many other people would be shoo-ins and be getting immediate acceptances after the interview. But, the lack of anyone hearing about this makes me suspicious, beyond the fact that it doesn't cast a favorable light on the school. That it reflects poorly on the school is the only serviceable explanation for why cookie has refused to post, but in that situation I don't think it's appropriate to be telling people about it in such a gleeful sense that the system is messed up. There is a reason that the committee meets after the interview to decide in an objective, professional manner the final evaluation.

Poor cookie, s/he's probably hanging around us today, posting snugly and happily under a completey different name, a nonedible name I bet. Maybe taking the name of small animal. I wonder...

For the record, I don't think I would have disclosed the name of the school if I got an offer like that. But you know what, I probably wouldn't have started a thread about it either. If...only if. :p

Wow, this is really classy. Very nice everyone.

hmmm, I remember this thread and wondering why everyone was so ...well :rolleyes:

poor cookie...oh well, live and learn ;)

s\he never replied back!!! it feels kind of creepy!!! everyone was kept guessing and one year and one month later people are still thinking where cookie is? weird!!

:confused: lol

she/he was expecting a cookie-worship thread
crap cookie...

"i got in, i got in (i am so amazing) but i won't tell you where because i am a such a sensitive and thoughtful person!"
ha ha

oh didn't realize this post was started in 2001! why is it back?
Originally posted by Daredevil
I get the sense that Cookie is screwing with our heads.. :confused: :eek: