Ohio College of Podiatric Medicine

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen.. finally someone who knows what theyre talking about!!!

saying a dentist can't teach head and neck anatomy is like saying a podiatrist couldnt teach foot and ankle anatomy. I have a hard time believing that one.

and thats besides the point that there is also a PHD teaching the course AND Landers has been teaching anatomy for 40 years.

Ok you are right. But what about someone who has passed Step 1, 2, and 3, then finished a residency in ENT (Otolaryngology). So with that said who is better, ENT MD or Dentist? Or would it be equal?

By the way, no one said that a dentist could not teach the anatomy of the head and neck.

Members don't see this ad.

You know I really do hope more podiatrists aren't as narcisstic and infantile as you, lol, which is really sad considering you're only a 1st year student who hasn't even finished the first semester. :rolleyes:
You are rude and obnoxious and I reiterate, an embarassment and the total antithesis of the kinds of students that Allegheny College produces.

Note** Not all Allegheny students and grads are like OSUDD :smuggrin:

++++++++++

PS. Thank You, i did get accepted to several DO and Carib MD schools. Picking right now :D
Btw, what happened yesterday? Go stillllllllers...:laugh::laugh:

OMG!! and that comment is not infantile?? you haven't yet started grad school, and are acting like an authority. relax!!

This thread is starting to out-live its usefulness. Let's say we get back on topic (Ohio College) or the thread closes. I'm sure there are still people out there that want to know about OCPM.

Members don't see this ad :)
i would rather learn the anatomy of the head and neck from a dentist than a carribean MD... theres no punch line to that

Actually, I'd rather learn the anatomy of the head and neck of the Orthopedic surgeon or general surgeon or PCP who graduated from a Caribbean Medical School considering they are taught the same courses as in ANY allopathic school in the United States or Canada. They are tested and required to pass the USMLE1,2,3. And if the physician who is a graduate of the Caribbean and is practicing medicine--he or she has manifested his/her innate ability to identify a diseae, deliver a proper prognosis/diagnosis, then should be respected as a physician and reputable medical care provider. You're inadequacy and arrogance, particularly you're limited understanding and knowledge on foreign medical graduates and the extra work they give in order to advance in their residencies/fellowships is rather concerning, considering you are an Allegheny graduate. There are 40,000 Indian physicians in the United States, 20,000 Filipino physicians that come to this country and practice medicine--all of which are FMGs, yet are reputable in their fields. Would you say they are inferior to American graduates?

Allopathic medical students (MD) who attend caribbean medical schools perform their clinical rotations (after the USMLE1) in the United States. They are taught by MD/DO resident directors, interact with patients, make calls etc; hence they do the exact same thing American-based MD students go through in their 3rd and 4th years. The only diffrence that one is taught basic sciences in the 'states, and the other is taught basic science in the caribbean medical campus. Biochemistry doesnt change, neither does physiology, anatomy, embryology, histology, genetics, medical clinical skills, etc etc. :cool:

Its rather amazing, considering that you, of all people, a podiatry student--who are under auspices and are looked down by DO/MDs, and yearn for the right to be respected and recognized as 'brothers in arms' in the medical profession, are doing the exact opposite of what you want others to do to you. Podiatrists yearn for equal treatment, but you are the example that contradicts that discourse. With you're kind of attitude, you'll get nothing but rolling eyes and disgusting looks by your fellow podiatry students...and don't even begin to imagine how pretentious MDs and DOs will treat you.....

This thread is starting to out-live its usefulness. Let's say we get back on topic (Ohio College) or the thread closes. I'm sure there are still people out there that want to know about OCPM.

Sure, Jonwill. I'm done.

dont worry bud mds/dos can look down on dpms

i will still always look down on dos and carib mds

facts of life

LoL. An MD is an MD/ DO is a DO. No matter what, bud.

It will say: Aranual Pradesh, M.D
Internal Medicine/Gastroenterology

or it will say: Yaroslav Stalinov, D.O
Internal Medicine/ Gastroenterology

it won't say what school they graduated from, lol.

++++

And you look down on DOs? You do understand that it requires higher stats to get into DO schools than Pod schools right?

Respect is given where it is due. Just be prepared to see alot of arrogant MD/DOs who wont be too open minded about DPMs as some of us are. God speed.

well i had the choice to do DO, carib MD or dpm and i sure as hell wouldnt do DO or Carib MD... just my opinion but i think they both suck... just like you think dentists are dumb. sorry bud.

the truth hurts

if it says DO or MD why would you need to know what school...

obviously the DO went to the osteopathic school and received the education with the social stigma

Wow, you're one very narrow minded and delusional person there.

DO is a social stigma? What are you, some kind of student who graduated in the 60s or 70s? Because thats the kind of personality you're displaying here--ostoepathic physicians have advanced themselves in their profession and in greater plate of medicine. Some basic stats for you man, for ever medical physician in the US, 1 in 5 are DOs and are expected to increase as more DO schools are popping up and more DO grads are going into the profession.

You need to seriously open your mind man.

Peace out.

if it says DO or MD why would you need to know what school...

obviously the DO went to the osteopathic school and received the education with the social stigma

Exactly my point, how will you know if the MD is a US graduate or a carib or foreign graduate?That requires you to actually talk to them first; and in all reality, if you ever land on a hospitalist position, most MDs will probably ask you," what is a DPM?" because quite frankly man, theres so few podiatrists out there. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up making friends with carib MD grads or DO grads. Or dont tell me you dont want to associate yourself with the big bad MD. :laugh:

you can have your oppinion and I'll stick to mine

good luck in your future endeavors....

now could we either close this thread or have knowlegeable people talk about OCPM... all this riff raff from the peanut gallery is getting to me

ps- i would hope an md knows what a dpm is... they are supposed to be "health care experts". shouldnt they have basic knowledge of the health care system?

Don't take this as condescending, but most everyone posting here is a student health professional or on their way. Act like it. The system you've entered is basically a pyramid teaching system, and that means you're always a bit of a role model whether you think so or not. People will strive to make it where you are, and you will look to those at the next level for advice also.

Pre-meds, pre-pods, etc read here, and you want to bear that in mind. Disagreement is unavoidable and people will get defensive, but professionalism can be maintained nonetheless.

I think that alleganypod is lucky that the dental people did not see his thread.

I would rather learn head and neck from a dentist than an orthpod, gen surgeon .... The dentists do not specialize in teeth. They specialize in oral/dental medicine. They are allowed to give anesthetics local and general. They know head and neck anatomy especially the OMFS.

There is nothing wrong with carib med schools it is just a challenging course/path to take.

This thread closed to stop the discussion that was off topic. If you want to continue about OCPM please start a new thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.