OhioNon-Trad

15+ Year Member
Aug 18, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Can someone please confirm what I heard in regards to Ohio Stae's new admission policy: they are giving zero preference to Ohio residents??? Oh, man...if this is true, then I feel as if I have sunk!!! I want to attend OSU sooo bad, but now, it seems as if they are putting more barriers on their doors the closer I get to applying!!!

Green912

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jun 11, 2001
Status (Visible)
  1. Attending Physician
I haven't heard this and would be surprised if it were true. Ohio State is a public university funded by state money. Seems to me they would be obligated to take mostly in staters. Last time I looked their in state % was 80.

About the Ads

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 22, 2002
44 deg 1 min 11 sec N, 92 deg 28 min 55 sec W
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
perhaps by "open enrollment" they mean that anybody can take classes at OSU, but you still have to apply to a specific program and Ohio peeps would get preference as usual. I'd think this would apply more for other types of classes than med school classes.

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads