Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Ohio State and Open Enrollment

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by OhioNon-Trad, Aug 18, 2002.

1. OhioNon-Trad

OhioNon-Trad New Member

Can someone please confirm what I heard in regards to Ohio Stae's new admission policy: they are giving zero preference to Ohio residents??? Oh, man...if this is true, then I feel as if I have sunk!!! I want to attend OSU sooo bad, but now, it seems as if they are putting more barriers on their doors the closer I get to applying!!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Green912

10+ Year Member

Attending Physician
    I haven't heard this and would be surprised if it were true. Ohio State is a public university funded by state money. Seems to me they would be obligated to take mostly in staters. Last time I looked their in state % was 80.

4. Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member

I'm an out-of-stater, but I i received their secondary application. About 80% of their class is in-state though.

5. Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003] Platinum Member
    7+ Year Member

How do you know that? Their web site does not say that there is no preference. however, it does not state that there is a preferance.

6. Adcadet

Adcadet Long way from Gate 27
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    perhaps by "open enrollment" they mean that anybody can take classes at OSU, but you still have to apply to a specific program and Ohio peeps would get preference as usual. I'd think this would apply more for other types of classes than med school classes.