Quantcast

Ohio State and Open Enrollment

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OhioNon-Trad

15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Can someone please confirm what I heard in regards to Ohio Stae's new admission policy: they are giving zero preference to Ohio residents??? Oh, man...if this is true, then I feel as if I have sunk!!! I want to attend OSU sooo bad, but now, it seems as if they are putting more barriers on their doors the closer I get to applying!!!

Green912

10+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't heard this and would be surprised if it were true. Ohio State is a public university funded by state money. Seems to me they would be obligated to take mostly in staters. Last time I looked their in state % was 80.

Bikini Princess

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm an out-of-stater, but I i received their secondary application. About 80% of their class is in-state though.

Spiderman [RNA Ladder 2003]

Platinum Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
How do you know that? Their web site does not say that there is no preference. however, it does not state that there is a preferance.

Adcadet

Long way from Gate 27
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
perhaps by "open enrollment" they mean that anybody can take classes at OSU, but you still have to apply to a specific program and Ohio peeps would get preference as usual. I'd think this would apply more for other types of classes than med school classes.