Ohio State c/o 2016- Attending only.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Second semester is equine anatomy and I think the groups are of 6? Or 8? Or something along those lines.

Members don't see this ad.

It's really easy to figure out the Anatomy groups. Just go to the page with the list of groups for pathology and histology and copy them (just highlight and copy). Paste into excel and sort alphabetically and then count off groups of 4. Now to decide if I should message them on facebook or is that too weird? Would just stalking their pages be better :laugh:. My groupies are all on the vet page.

Oh, and it looks like we have 164 people in our class :eek:, that is a big class!

Hi anyone in group E for behavior ? I'm in group B for pathology. I also had less in my financial aid inquiry. I emailed Jane and she said" The Dept. of Ed keeps out loan fees from each loan." (per her email).

Members don't see this ad :)
So I got some textbooks delivered today, and that nagging feeling that I'm not good enough and that I can't pass my classes is coming back. I am soooo overwhelmed. I can do this, right? They though I was good enough to accept me, so I can pass classes, right? fjsdfkjsd'glksjdg'lksjdg'ljskdfg'lasdkdjglkaskddnvxm,nveoeij

So I got some textbooks delivered today, and that nagging feeling that I'm not good enough and that I can't pass my classes is coming back. I am soooo overwhelmed. I can do this, right? They though I was good enough to accept me, so I can pass classes, right? fjsdfkjsd'glksjdg'lksjdg'ljskdfg'lasdkdjglkaskddnvxm,nveoeij

Shut that down right now! They accepted you b/c they saw potential - YOU CAN DO IT!

One of the doctors I work with (and went to OSU) told me that on her first day of orientation the administrators said to think of yourself as already having a DVM, you're just going through your training. She said that helped her to relax.

And remember, there are 163 classmates who are in the same shoes you are!

Hi squirrelsrule I am in the D: Demler is my last name.

You're gonna be an awesome vet! Don't worry about it. Just focus on the basics. Get out your dissection guide (if you got that already) and just look over the directional terms. If you got those down, you should close the books and not freak out! That's all we need to be familiar with before we get started. We're going to vet school for a reason, they'll teach us these things. Take it one day at a time.

Our thread has like died. How is everyone doing? I go from feeling good about everything to feeling like there's no way I'm gonna remember all this stuff. Overall not the worst though :). Did you guys look at our dissection stuff for today, though :eek:. I think we're gonna be moving into the lab!

My group is going back in later today. We got through almost nothing with the little time we were in lab today! And I think everyone is confused on this whole Wiki thing. Ugh! So many groups!

I know, the wiki is confusing and due in like a week! She came over when we asked a question about the infraspinatous muscle and then she had us peel it back and she showed us the synovial bursa and said it looked really good and should she get the camera for us, we were like sure :D, then she never came back with the camera :(. And someone in one of the other groups mentioned doing something on horses from a farm an hour away :eek:. I was like whatever, but I really don't have two spare hours to be driving to a farm to get pictures when we could do something with our dog. Should be interesting.

Eep! It just all sounds like its been over complicated? I dunno :(

I know, the wiki is confusing and due in like a week! She came over when we asked a question about the infraspinatous muscle and then she had us peel it back and she showed us the synovial bursa and said it looked really good and should she get the camera for us, we were like sure :D, then she never came back with the camera :(. And someone in one of the other groups mentioned doing something on horses from a farm an hour away :eek:. I was like whatever, but I really don't have two spare hours to be driving to a farm to get pictures when we could do something with our dog. Should be interesting.

That sucks squirrels! My group has ZERO ideas right now.:laugh:

We were talking about it and nobody has anything too significant. So one of my lab group members was like, "Uhhhhh, our dog has a mole." Yeah, this is going to be fun.:confused:

:laugh: Someone had a dog where you could see the accessory nerve really well, that would be like awesome, but we didn't get that lucky. Glad we have something though :).

:laugh: Someone had a dog where you could see the accessory nerve really well, that would be like awesome, but we didn't get that lucky. Glad we have something though :).

I wish that we could have gotten the details on this assignment a week ago. Our dog has the most awsome vessels and nerves, but Mr. Frasure told us that we didn't need them for the left leg. So we cut them off to allow us to get a better visual of the muscles. Now they are all hacked up and whatnot.

But whatevs:) I am super tired right now and simply can no longer worry about these things. It is like I am numb right now. We will figure something out though and I am not going to be super OCD about it.

I wish that we could have gotten the details on this assignment a week ago. Our dog has the most awsome vessels and nerves, but Mr. Frasure told us that we didn't need them for the left leg. So we cut them off to allow us to get a better visual of the muscles. Now they are all hacked up and whatnot.

But whatevs:) I am super tired right now and simply can no longer worry about these things. It is like I am numb right now. We will figure something out though and I am not going to be super OCD about it.

Well, we're gonna do nerves and vessels on the right side and I think we'll have a project on that as well, so you'll have a chance there to do a wiki on yours. Ours vessels and nerves weren't anything to write home about.

Just came up with a study gameplan for the weekend and am feeling better :). Maybe I'll actually feel caught up by Tuesday, one can hope :D

We survived a full week of vet school guys :soexcited:, I don't know about you guys but I'm feeling pretty good going into the long weekend :). Lots of study plans for the weekend :cool:. Hopefully it won't be too loud with the football activities. I'm finally getting into school mode, it's been so long for me since I was actually a full time student. Remembering now why I had had enough and very glad I took that break between undergrad and vet school. I was so burnt out when I graduated, now I at least feel ready to take on the non-stop studying and I actually enjoy studying, I just hate that overwhelming feeling that no matter how much you study you won't get through everything. I have a study plan for the weekend, though, and am happy in my own little world where I'll be all caught up with studying and feel like I'm on top of all the material on Tuesday morning (let me stay in this happy place at least a little longer :D).