Ohio State c/o 2021 Applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone who interviewed on the 4th heard anything?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations! That's incredible news. I bet you feel relieved! Here's to hoping for good news for the rest of us!

Reactions: 1 user
From my understanding, most acceptances will be done in February. I was so excited I posted but maybe I shouldn't have. On the bright side, We are almost halfway through January! I know the wait can be difficult (been there!).

Oh no!
dont feel like you shouldnt have said anything. You are 100% allowed to be excited about your acceptance! I am excited for every one who knows already. good luck

Oh no!
dont feel like you shouldnt have said anything. You are 100% allowed to be excited about your acceptance! I am excited for every one who knows already. good luck
Okay... I was feeling bad. I was/am really excited :).

Has anyone who interviewed on the 4th heard anything?
ive not heard anything .. bu if they are calling people who interviewed on the 5th it seems like the would also be calling people from the 4th if they are accepted. most people will be hearing in feb.

Canceling my interview to accept a spot elsewhere. I hope to see that interview waitlist MOVE!

:luck:GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!! :luck:

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
has someone from the waitlist have gotten an interview?

Hey..I couldn't find anything on the website.. Does anyone know if you need to have a C or above in prerequisites or is a C- or above ok?

Hey..I couldn't find anything on the website.. Does anyone know if you need to have a C or above in prerequisites or is a C- or above ok?

Looks like a C or above for the main pre-reqs but I'm not sure about their gen ed requirements:

Capstone Courses – Biochemistry, Microbiology, Physiology, and Communication coursework must be completed with: (1) a grade of C or better in each course, (2) a minimum of 3.0 (B) average among the courses, and (3) no more than one C among any of the capstone courses.
  • If any of the capstone courses are taken as a multiple-part series, this rule will apply to each part as an individual course.
  • All the prerequisite courses must be completed by the end of the spring term preceding the autumn term when you would start vet school. You do not have to have all the prerequisites completed before applying.
More info here, including who to contact with questions: http://www.vet.osu.edu/education/dvm-admissions/prerequisites

It looks like the last interview date is in 10 days. does anyone know if additional dates were added (or if OSU even adds dates) .

I just got an acceptance call! OOS, interviewed 1/5

Reactions: 6 users
Congratulations!!!! What time did they call you? And they called you today?

They called just before noon today! (Pacific time)

Last edited:
Congratulations !
are you accepting ? or are you waiting on other schools as well?

Thank you! I am deciding between UC Davis and here! I'm excited for either. Leaning towards Davis, but waiting to see if any scholarships are offered. During the phonecall today, they said they may offer a scholarship in February.

Has anyone IS who interviewed already hear anything yet? Anxiously but impatiently waiting.

Thank you! I am deciding between UC Davis and here! I'm excited for either. Leaning towards Davis, but waiting to see if any scholarships are offered. During the phonecall today, they said they may offer a scholarship in February.

UC davis was my dream school i didnt even apply because i was doubtful i'd ever get in. lol
Congratulations on which ever you choose. Now I am patiently hoping i get a call.

I have a missed call / voicemail from Dr. Lord, couldn't get a hold of her after work... i know they call for acceptances, but do they call for rejections? Or does this mean I'm in??:eek:

Reactions: 1 users
I have a missed call / voicemail from Dr. Lord, couldn't get a hold of her after work... i know they call for acceptances, but do they call for rejections? Or does this mean I'm in??:eek:

Congratulations, I'm sure you're in!

Haha can you imagine how terrible it would be if they called for rejections? No reason to do that unless they felt like being cruel.

I imagine you're in for sure! who wants to call and tell someone they are rejected, it would be horrible for both people.

Is or OOS?

I'm sure you're in too. I initially missed my acceptance call, and Dr. Lord left me a voicemail asking me to call back.

iwonder if these calls are from the original interviews, or are going out as people are rejecting admission

iwonder if these calls are from the original interviews, or are going out as people are rejecting admission

I believe they're going out after the original interviews. They only just started interviewing on 01/04. They only accept/reject a few people on a rolling basis, whereas most people find out in mid-February when they send out decisions in the masses.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

OMG ... that sounds correct as I haven't yet heard of someone saying they got a rejection call...... O_O Holy **** though I did not think I would get in this year at all!!

I got the call at 2:05pm EST while I was at work. I am IS and an OSU student.

:DFor those who care:
GRE: 80th % verbal, 59th % quan; GPA 3.8; Science GPA: 3.72; only ~900hrs veterinary experience small animal and wildlife

.... also... :soexcited::soexcited:

OMG ... that sounds correct as I haven't yet heard of someone saying they got a rejection call...... O_O Holy **** though I did not think I would get in this year at all!!

I got the call at 2:05pm EST while I was at work. I am IS and an OSU student.

:DFor those who care:
GRE: 80th % verbal, 59th % quan; GPA 3.8; Science GPA: 3.72; only ~900hrs veterinary experience small animal and wildlife

.... also... :soexcited::soexcited:

Congratulations! What day did you interview?

I interviewed Fri, 1/6

And I didn't think it went super well.... but I'm guessing most people think that way!

Congratulations! Hoping I can feel relieved soon. I have been so anxious waiting.

did any one send you rinterviewers thank you emails? I tried but i didnt get a reply (both interviewers had two emails on the osu website) and im not sure if i picked wrong one or they just dont reply because of bias and stuff like that

I did send thank you emails as well, and didn't get any replies. It could be bias.

I interviewed Fri, 1/6

And I didn't think it went super well.... but I'm guessing most people think that way!
interviewed on the 4th. felt like i did horrible and i rambled alot . hoping to hear soon

congratulations on your admission!

I think maybe me being an OSU student had something to do with getting a call tbh, because I felt I was pretty average in that I had good grades but very narrow experience. I've never even shadowed a real vet clinic:wideyed:, just worked at a spay and neuter clinic and did some international internships with wildlife. No large animal, no research.. so don't get too nervous, most people's apps seem better than mine!!! Wish you all luck:D!!

Oh and thank you everyone!!

I think maybe me being an OSU student had something to do with getting a call tbh, because I felt I was pretty average in that I had good grades but very narrow experience. I've never even shadowed a real vet clinic:wideyed:, just worked at a spay and neuter clinic and did some international internships with wildlife. No large animal, no research.. so don't get too nervous, most people's apps seem better than mine!!! Wish you all luck:D!!

Oh and thank you everyone!!

international wildlife internship seems pretty impressive to me ! i could only dream

did any one send you rinterviewers thank you emails? I tried but i didnt get a reply (both interviewers had two emails on the osu website) and im not sure if i picked wrong one or they just dont reply because of bias and stuff like that
I did not send thank you emails because they specifically told us not to said it wasn't necessary in one of the interview schedule related emails. But I'm sure it doesn't hurt if you did! Sorry for the initial mixup of my words!

Last edited:
I did not send thank you emails because they specifically told us not to in one of the interview schedule related emails. But I'm sure it doesn't hurt if you did!

really? i remember reading that they werent necessary but nothing that said not to. now i feel like they think i cant follow instructions.
which logically is probably not the case but in all the stress of applying any slip up feels like the end lol

Last edited:
really? i remember reading that they werent necessary but nothing hat said not to. now i feel like thy think i cant follow instructions.
which logically is probably not the case but in all the stress of applying any slip up feels like the end lol
It didn't say anything about emails. Just handwritten cards. :).

Last edited:
really? i remember reading that they werent necessary but nothing that said not to. now i feel like they think i cant follow instructions.

They just said thank you cards aren't necessary, but didn't say not to :) I'm sure you're fine! Plus, you should only send thank you cards/emails if you're sincere about it, not in the hopes of boosting your chances. I'm sure it doesn't play a role in the admissions decision!

I didn't send any thank you notes since I interpreted the message about thank you notes as that I should not send anything at all. I've sent them to other schools, this is the only one I haven't sent them for.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

They just said thank you cards aren't necessary, but didn't say not to :) I'm sure you're fine! Plus, you should only send thank you cards/emails if you're sincere about it, not in the hopes of boosting your chances. I'm sure it doesn't play a role in the admissions decision!
i dont think a thank you would improve admission chances anyway because it really doesn't change whether or not the interview was good or not.

I wanted to thank my interviewers because the one (Bill) told me that he could help me get large animal experience even if i wasnt admitted into the program. My other interviewer (Kat) was also super nice during the entire process

i dont think a thank you would improve admission chances anyway because it really doesn't change whether or not the interview was good or not.

I wanted to thank my interviewers because the one (Bill) told me that he could help me get large animal experience even if i wasnt admitted into the program. My other interviewer (Kat) was also super nice during the entire process
I called and asked. They said emails were fine. The email was about handwritten cards (and getting them all to those who interviewed us.... imagine getting hundreds of cards and needing to distribute them all).

Exactly!

I called and asked. They said emails were fine. The email was about handwritten cards (and getting them all to those who interviewed us.... imagine getting hundreds of cards and needing to distribute them all).

ok that makes sense. but they had two emails on the osu website so i hope they got them!