Ohio State c/o 2022 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Nothing here yet either
This stress is unreal.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys,

I'm new to SDN (as of 30 seconds ago) so sorry I haven't posted earlier. I also applied to OSU and have yet to hear back. I called them late yesterday and asked a bunch of questions, and was told that no rejections at all will be sent until today, and that just a few interview invites will be sent as well--that is why no one has reported having been rejected yet. As people have mentioned, interview waitlist notifications will be sent Monday.

So basically, I have incredibly low expectations at this point, just statistically speaking. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully we get some good news!

Reactions: 5 users
Hey guys,

I'm new to SDN (as of 30 seconds ago) so sorry I haven't posted earlier. I also applied to OSU and have yet to hear back. I called them late yesterday and asked a bunch of questions, and was told that no rejections at all will be sent until today, and that just a few interview invites will be sent as well--that is why no one has reported having been rejected yet. As people have mentioned, interview waitlist notifications will be sent Monday.

So basically, I have incredibly low expectations at this point, just statistically speaking. Good luck to everyone, and hopefully we get some good news!
did you happen to ask what time they close? Just want to know when I can stop refreshing my email

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
did you happen to ask what time they close? Just want to know when I can stop refreshing my email
They said by "end of day" and they close at 5, so it should be by then--however, from my perspective, if they are running late they might go a bit past that because they did promise today. If I haven't heard anything by 4:55 I'll probably give them a call for a status update. That said, they don't always pick up...

Also, someone on the APVMA facebook page replied to an OSU post and said she got an invite at 3pm today

Is 4:54 PM I either all of SDN is getting wait-listed, or rejections go out Monday !

I am so bummed.

I tried calling them just now to see if they are still in the office. I got a prerecorded message that said "thank you for calli *ding* - goodbye." then it hung up. What does it mean? Will we ever know?

Members don't see this ad :)
My owl must be lost on its way. It is a cold weather anyway:cigar:

Don’t give up hope, guys! I just looked back in my email and I received my invite on 12/23/14. I thought I wasn’t going to get an invite because most people had heard something already and I hadn’t. But I got an interview and here I am!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 4 users
Hey guys! I received an interview invite (OOS) yesterday evening at work. Totally unexpected. Keep the faith, y'all!

I haven’t heard anything here either. People who have heard, did you hear via email or did you need to check a portal?

I haven’t heard anything here either. People who have heard, did you hear via email or did you need to check a portal?

I received an email from "CVM Special Events." Keeping my fingers crossed for you!

OOS denied. That’s okay! Trying to stay positive. Best of luck to the applicants who have received interviews! Maybe I’ll see y’all at MSU or Purdue (and hopefully Minnesota)

Reactions: 3 users
OOS denied. That’s okay! Trying to stay positive. Best of luck to the applicants who have received interviews! Maybe I’ll see y’all at MSU or Purdue (and hopefully Minnesota)
Good luck on your other interviews!

This guy was helpful for me. Seems like being OOS gives you much lower odds of admission. Only 5 people from my state were admitted last year. Made me feel better honestly!

IS rejected.

Maybe I'll see some of you at Michigan State. I'll be interviewing there Jan. 19th. Good luck to everyone!

OOS Rejection email. :dead:
Trying to stay focused on the interview invites.
Congratulations to all!:xf:

OOS rejection email. Thank you all for being so positive, I hope it rubs off on me. Best of luck to all of you!

Did anyone end up being put on a waitlist?

OOS rejection email. Thank you all for being so positive, I hope it rubs off on me. Best of luck to all of you!
Yes the positivity in these groups has really kept me going, I think we'll all make wonderful vets someday :)

Does anyone know what the attire is for the dinner before our interviews?

I'm getting so excited! Who all will be at the January 3 interview? And are you going to the dinner the night before?

How about for the tours before/after interview? Do you wear your interview outfit?

To anyone interviewing tomorrow and Thursday -- GOOD LUCK! Let us know how they go and what to expect when we go!

Good luck everyone; you’re all going to be amazing. Remember to enjoy the process:)!

Hey all! New to sdn! OOS interview invite! Congrats to all that got invites!! I've read everyone's posts so far and everyone seems to be so wonderful and helpful! My interview day is for Jan 27th in the afternoon block. Currently digging thru storage boxes to find winter clothes, have plane tickets bought and hotel booked! Super excited!! Good luck to all of you and your interviews!!!!!

Hey all! New to sdn! OOS interview invite! Congrats to all that got invites!! I've read everyone's posts so far and everyone seems to be so wonderful and helpful! My interview day is for Jan 27th in the afternoon block. Currently digging thru storage boxes to find winter clothes, have plane tickets bought and hotel booked! Super excited!! Good luck to all of you and your interviews!!!!!
Welcome to SDN! My interview is January 27th as well (in the morning though)! Maybe I'll see you there!

I had my interview yesterday, and it was actually kind of fun! However, I did forget to ask if thank you notes are appropriate. I know that some schools specifically say that they don't want them. Can someone else who'll be there today or after ask?

Welp my flight is cancelled due to the weather in MA. In light of my acceptance to Tufts I dont think I will try to reschedule. Good luck everyone !!

Welcome to SDN! My interview is January 27th as well (in the morning though)! Maybe I'll see you there!
Awesome!! Glad I'm not the only one who chose the last day for interviews lol! Maybe will see you there! Are you attending the dinner Friday?!

I had my interview yesterday, and it was actually kind of fun! However, I did forget to ask if thank you notes are appropriate. I know that some schools specifically say that they don't want them. Can someone else who'll be there today or after ask?
Nevermind, found the answer to my question.
Now, I just have to wait. It feels like torture!

Nevermind, found the answer to my question.
Now, I just have to wait. It feels like torture!

I asked and was told to deliver those thank you cards to the admissions office and they will deliver them for you. Be sure to include the name of the recipients on the envelope.

I had my interview yesterday and just let me tell you I loved the campus! I really hope I get to be a Buckeye! My grades are sub par but I really think I crushed the interview so hopefully that counts!