Ohio State c/o 2023

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we think it's possible that when each of us talked to admissions and they told us Monday-Friday that it meant next week and not this week...? :(

They definitely said this week to me, but I agree, it seems weird that no one here or on the APVMA Facebook group has said anything

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Its still mid-way through Thursday. They can push it to the last minute of the deadline if they need to

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

You will quickly come to find out that Ohio State does stuff at their own pace. I work there... trust me!!! Just sit back and relax. I know this is a stressful time...I have done it three times now. I was a VM1 a year ago, but the program I went to didn't mesh well with the way I study. It is a process but everything happens for a reason. No need to panic. If it happens , it happens...if not, go back to the drawing board and try again. It is not the end of the world!!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So I called Ashley again, just to see if the old information still stands, which it does. Apparently some invites have already been sent. While these specific details may be variable, she said that there will be a batch sent out today around 5, tomorrow at 8:30, and tomorrow at noon. She can't confirm these times with complete certainty, because it's actually not their office who sends them out. (I missed when she said who does.)
Further, she said that the batches are composed randomly (not alphabetically and with no regard to specialty or rank), so it means nothing if you got your invite in the first batch or the last.
Lastly, she said that if you don't hear anything by tomorrow around 3:30-4pm EST, to feel free to call the admissions office and they'll let you know what's going on.

Hopefully this extra info helps!

Reactions: 17 users
So I called Ashley again, just to see if the old information still stands, which it does. Apparently some invites have already been sent. While these specific details may be variable, she said that there will be a batch sent out today around 5, tomorrow at 8:30, and tomorrow at noon. She can't confirm these times with complete certainty, because it's actually not their office who sends them out. (I missed when she said who does.)
Further, she said that the batches are composed randomly (not alphabetically and with no regard to specialty or rank), so it means nothing if you got your invite in the first batch or the last.
Lastly, she said that if you don't hear anything by tomorrow around 3:30-4pm EST, to feel free to call the admissions office and they'll let you know what's going on.

Hopefully this extra info helps!
Bless you for this omg thank youuu. All I need is a time so I'm not obsessively checking my email for no reason. Now I can obsessively check it at 5 today!

Reactions: 4 users
Ok it's 5:25 and nothing here, has anyone gotten anything?

Reactions: 1 user
So have they sent out any invites at all yet?
Someone above said they called admissions a few hours ago and apparently a round has already gone out, but no one on here or on facebook has said they've received anything yet so I'm not convinced

Members don't see this ad :)
I honestly think they're lying because how has not a single person on here heard anything if they've been sending?

Someone above said they called admissions a few hours ago and apparently a round has already gone out, but no one on here or on facebook has said they've received anything yet so I'm not convinced

Yeah I'm kind of feeling the same way. Guess we can resume the anxiety tomorrow morning :nailbiting:

So have they sent out any invites at all yet?

I haven’t seen anything yet, and the APVMA facebook page doesn’t have any Ohio updates from people either?

I honestly think they're lying because how has not a single person on here heard anything if they've been sending?

I mean lying isn’t really their style :rolleyes:

I mean whether it is or not I've seen no evidence that they're telling the truth
I understand how you're feeling and your frustrations but if this is a school you really want to go to I'm not sure you want to be saying things like that publicly where people who attend and work there can find it

Sent from my Pixel XL using SDN mobile

Reactions: 3 users
I mean whether it is or not I've seen no evidence that they're telling the truth

SDN is a small fraction of the 500 some interview invites they send out. If someone directly talked to admissions and they said that they sent out invites, then they sent out invites. If they are being that forthcoming with information (when they definitely don’t have to) then I’m sure it’s accurate.

I was in your shoes two years ago and I really do understand how stressful it is but you’ll find out soon enough. Promise.

Reactions: 5 users
Why they gotta lie about 5pm like that??? Now I’ll obsessively refresh tomorrow at 8 I guess

OOS, just got my invite!

I'm just kidding. Too soon?

Seriously though, waiting sucks but we all need to chill a smidge lol

Reactions: 17 users
OOS, just got my invite!

Guuuuuurl you gave me a heart attack xD

But yeah, you’re right lmao. I need to take a step back and just... relax.

OOS, just got my invite!

YOURE THE WORST lmaoo I almost went into cardiac arrest

Nada either! And once more, nothing on the APVMA fb page either still xD

OOS interview invite! Good luck everyone:D

Reactions: 5 users
I'm an MD candidate but my SO is prevet and he just got an OOS invite here and I'm just so excited and proud :')

Reactions: 8 users
IS interview invite :) Good luck to everyone!

Reactions: 7 users
Congrats everyone!! Did your portal change or no?

Can we still assume there is going to be two waves today since this first one was more around the time the second one was gonna happen? I’m still waiting on my response and I’m settled into the idea that it’s going to be a rejection but I would rather know than keep waiting

Reactions: 8 users
Can we still assume there is going to be two waves today since this first one was more around the time the second one was gonna happen? I’m still waiting on my response and I’m settled into the idea that it’s going to be a rejection but I would rather know than keep waiting

same...

Welp...this sucks. I'm assuming if we haven't heard anything by now that it's a no go?

Welp...this sucks. I'm assuming if we haven't heard anything by now that it's a no go?
I also haven't heard anything but I'm going to assume there's going to be another wave after lunch since there's only been one so far and they interview like 500 applicants? Stay positive!

I also haven't heard anything but I'm going to assume there's going to be another wave after lunch since there's only been one so far and they interview like 500 applicants? Stay positive!
Ahhh okay you're right. This whole process has got me feeling so pessimistic. Need to work on my positive vibes~

To brace myself for disappointment, what's the subject line of the invite emails and who sends them?

Mine was from Dawkins, Sandra and the subject is Interview invite

Im shaking today just waiting for this email! Goodluck on your interviews everyone and for those of us waiting to hear, best of luck!