Ohio State c/o 2027 applicants

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I interview on the 28. for those who interviewed last week, did they tell you who your interviewers were before the interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys! Hope all is well. Does anyone have an idea of how many people get interviewed for OOS? Someone on FB had mentioned 400-500. Which is crazy to think but, wanted to see if anyone else had an idea.

Reactions: 1 user
I have my interview this Saturday. This is my fourth time interviewing with OSU 😬 (and hopefully the last!). For those who have already had their interviews and have also previously interviewed at OSU, do you feel that the questions remained similar?
Your 4th one?! That makes me so nervous about rejection. Since this is my first interview with them 🥺

Reactions: 3 users
Pulled off the interview waitlist!

Reactions: 8 users
hi! I’ve heard from multiple people that the interview is closed book and from others that it is open book. Does anyone know which is true?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi! I’ve heard from multiple people that the interview is closed book and from others that it is open book. Does anyone know which is true?

My interviewers told me to not assume they can see my file, and to share anything and everything I think important, related to their questions.

Reactions: 2 users
When do we hear back from interviews? I had mine about a week ago!

When do we hear back from interviews? I had mine about a week ago!

Unless you get offered early admission (only a few applicants who scored really high overall will hear before all interviews are done), everyone else will hear the week after the last interview day (feb 4th).

Has anyone heard of someone, either IS or OOS, who’s received an early acceptance thus far? I know in previous years early acceptance applicants found out roughly 5-6 days after their interview date.

Has anyone heard of someone, either IS or OOS, who’s received an early acceptance thus far? I know in previous years early acceptance applicants found out roughly 5-6 days after their interview date.
I haven't. I thought they would've sent out early acceptances yesterday, but I haven't heard of anyone getting accepted yet

My interviewers told me to not assume they can see my file, and to share anything and everything I think important, related to their questions.
Mine I’m 99% sure was closed-file - they didn’t ask any questions that indicated they knew anything about me or my application.

Mine I’m 99% sure was closed-file - they didn’t ask any questions that indicated they knew anything about me or my application.
Hey, if you don’t mind sharing. Do you feel like they were more ethical questions? Or scenerio based questions?

Does anybody here know how much the interview gets factored into your admission decision? My interview was a little rough (my interviewer started insulting other schools and other vets in the middle of my interview, and it totally caught me off guard and psyched me out) and now im worried that my interview didn't go so great....I just wanna know if I blew my chances or not :(

• Care
Reactions: 4 users
Does anybody here know how much the interview gets factored into your admission decision? My interview was a little rough (my interviewer started insulting other schools and other vets in the middle of my interview, and it totally caught me off guard and psyched me out) and now im worried that my interview didn't go so great....I just wanna know if I blew my chances or not :(

Interview is 60% of our overall score
IMG_2922.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
Why do you feel like you blew your chances? It was then insulting the schools. Not you

Were they insulting schools/vets you specifically mentioned? That's honestly really weird. I had an amazing interview there and I feel really bad you didn't get the same experience :(:(:( but honestly I don't think they'll hold anything against you from what it sounds like. This cycle I've had a few interviews I've thought went horribly but ended up helping me out. Don't give up!

Ms. Dawkins told us in our interview said we should hear back one week after the 4th.

I enjoyed my interview and was even able to make an extremely personal connection with one of the interviewers which warmed my heart. I will say the interview was VERY formal apart from the end when we could ask questions, which was daunting.

Reactions: 5 users
just finished my interview! Such a good experience!!! so sorry for anyone who didn’t have a great experience. Also, she told us we may hear on the 11th or after!

Reactions: 1 users
My interview with Ohio State was definitely rough for me. I was flustered and one of my interviewers did not seem pleased with my answers...or maybe I'm just overthinking and they had a neutral face for a reason.

• Care
Congrats!!! Do you mind sharing your stats?
cGPA 3.54, sGPA 3.49, last 30 GPA 3.76, 5000 hours etc lmk if there's anything more you want to know. I had a great interview experience and just told them my story and who I am!

cGPA 3.54, sGPA 3.49, last 30 GPA 3.76, 5000 hours etc lmk if there's anything more you want to know. I had a great interview experience and just told them my story and who I am!
Congrats! First time applying?

Why do you feel like you blew your chances? It was then insulting the schools. Not you
I'm aware., But it was so unprofessional and really rude. It psyched me out a little bit and I'm worried that my answers weren't as good as they could have been

• Care
Were they insulting schools/vets you specifically mentioned? That's honestly really weird. I had an amazing interview there and I feel really bad you didn't get the same experience :(:(:( but honestly I don't think they'll hold anything against you from what it sounds like. This cycle I've had a few interviews I've thought went horribly but ended up helping me out. Don't give up!
I didn't mention any specific schools or anything. But i asked a question about what its like during your clinical years, if you get to pick your rounds, if you can put an emphasis on a certain field of medicine (tracking) etc....my interviewer ended up sharing his opinion about why he thinks tracking is bad. He started saying that vet schools that have tracking systems "don't make real vets"....he said he hates UC Davis and told me that its an awful school because "none of their vets are well rounded' and then he went on to talk about why he never hires any vets who come from UC Davis or other tracking schools. He was super rude about it and went on and on and on about his hatred for UC Davis and said that if I choose to go to a school that offers tracking...then I'll never be "real vet"

• Wow
This is soooo refreshing to see! I’m really happy for any and everyone who gets an early acceptance but it makes me so happy that someone with less than “amazing/perfect” gpa stats got an early acceptance! I feel like that rarely happens and I’m really happy for you.

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 5 users
OOS acceptance for me as well!!!! Still in shock processingo_O

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 10 users
I didn't mention any specific schools or anything. But i asked a question about what its like during your clinical years, if you get to pick your rounds, if you can put an emphasis on a certain field of medicine (tracking) etc....my interviewer ended up sharing his opinion about why he thinks tracking is bad. He started saying that vet schools that have tracking systems "don't make real vets"....he said he hates UC Davis and told me that its an awful school because "none of their vets are well rounded' and then he went on to talk about why he never hires any vets who come from UC Davis or other tracking schools. He was super rude about it and went on and on and on about his hatred for UC Davis and said that if I choose to go to a school that offers tracking...then I'll never be "real vet"

That’s so unprofessional and borderline makes me think he got declined from UCD and that’s why he hates it

• Haha
Reactions: 6 users
This is soooo refreshing to see! I’m really happy for any and everyone who gets an early acceptance but it makes me so happy that someone with less than “amazing/perfect” gpa stats got an early acceptance! I feel like that rarely happens and I’m really happy for you.
Yes!! I’ve been rejected left and right yall. This is my first acceptance. 🥺 we will all end up where we belong!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 8 users
Congrats!! Did you get accepted today? Also could you share stats?? Tysm!
Tysm!! I got my acceptance email today around 1:30 pst and interviewed on 1/21. First time applicant who had a very rough first 1.5ish years in undergrad academically speaking before finally figuring my **** out towards the end. Never thought this day would come, please reach out if you have any other questions!

cumulative GPA: 3.64
overall science GPA: 3.46
last 45 GPA: 3.97

• Love
Reactions: 6 users