Ohio State CVM vs Auburn University CVM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

thefrenchievet

Ohio State CVM C/O 2024!! :)
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone!

I'm a Florida resident who has been accepted into The Ohio State University and Auburn for veterinary school. I am thrilled. :) I did not get into my home state school (UF) but I am excited to have options and say that I'm going to veterinary school in August! So, I am looking for any advice to help guide me when picking schools. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!

Members don't see this ad.

Hello everyone!

I'm a Florida resident who has been accepted into The Ohio State University and Auburn for veterinary school. I am thrilled. :) I did not get into my home state school (UF) but I am excited to have options and say that I'm going to veterinary school in August! So, I am looking for any advice to help guide me when picking schools. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated!
OSU is changing up their tuition to make OOS students able to be considered in state after first year so keep that in mind!! :)

OSU is changing up their tuition to make OOS students able to be considered in state after first year so keep that in mind!! :)

This has actually been a thing for awhile. What is changing, to my understanding, is that it will no longer require all the paperwork and restrictions that it’s had in the past and will be more automatic. Which is nice, because while pretty much everyone got IS tuition after the first year, the rules were nit picky and specific and it was a huge pain.

Reactions: 1 user
Cost is important, so definitely consider that. I don’t know what the difference is.

I, personally, have loved my time at Ohio State. Things have changed a lot since I’ve been here because they opened a beautiful new clinical skills lab. As a result, there is now a specific clinical skills class for the first and second years, which seems awesome.

The professors are incredible. I’ve had multiple faculty members open doors for me that I never could have imagined. They have truly changed my life and the future I envisioned when I first came to vet school. So thankful.

Columbus is a fantastic place to live. Unlike a lot of the vet schools which are at land grant universities in typical college towns, OSU is in a really cool city that I’ve come to love. I would stay forever if I could.

If you ever have questions or want to talk, my inbox is always open:)

Reactions: 1 user