Ohio State Early Decision application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

osumc2014

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know anything about applying through the Early Decision for Ohio State?

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know anything about applying through the Early Decision for Ohio State?

What is your reason for wanting to apply ED? Do you want to apply ED because you absolutely want to go there over every other place? If this is the answer, don't apply ED. ED is not for this purpose, not to mention you have no idea if there are other schools out there that you would love even more.

If you want to apply ED because you plan on being out of the country for a majority of the app season, then consider it. You'd need to have solid GPA and MCAT which are competitive (hopefully higher than their averages).

Overall, most of us on this forum would not recommend applying ED except for in extreme situations.

Looking at your MDApps, you have a very strong application. If I were you, I would apply through the regular process and see what happens. You may be pleasantly surprised. I think the general sentiment is that if you can get in through EDP, you would have gotten in anyways through the regular process. EDP is not like early decision for undergrad where there is sometimes a huge advantage compared to the rest of the pool.

If you apply early and submit everything in on time, you can also start hearing back from non-rolling schools by October 15th. That is just two weeks after the EDP people find out I believe.

Ok I guess I didnt really even understand what EDP is, I will apply regular