General Admissions & OTCAS Ohio State MOT

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CW15

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't noticed anyone applying to Ohio State. I can't be the only one. I know some acceptance letters have been mailed. Has anyone been acceepted/ wait listed ?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to OSU in September. I haven't received a letter and my app is still pending on the supplemental app site.

I submitted my application in late October and found out I was accepted via the supplemental app site on 02/06. Good luck!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
congrats! how long did you have to accept your position? how much was your deposit? and do you plan to attend? (sorry for all the questions!)
Thank you! I have 3 weeks and I believe the deposit was somewhere around $325 to $375. It was my top choice so I already submitted my deposit and am definitely attending!

Reactions: 1 user
i will also be attending OSU!

I received my OSU acceptance on 2/13 (letter dated 2/07). I logged in but have not accepted yet. I didn't see any dated deadline or deposit amount, though. I've emailed the program directly to ask about that.

EDITED TO ADD: The program emailed me back and we have until April 15 to accept/decline and the deposit is $375.

@2014-OT! : Where did you see the date and deposit info? Thanks!

Congratulations to others who were admitted!

Last edited:
@MaQQi3 - I logged into the supplemental app site and clicked where it says accept/decline. Once I clicked accept, I believe it said something like you have 3 weeks to pay a $375 deposit. I am an undergrad at OSU though so I am not sure if it is a different set-up for me or not. Congratulations on your acceptance :)

Congratulations on your acceptance to OSU MOT program!

I'm currently a first year at OSU.

Eventually you will all be assigned a second year student as your source of contact if you have any general questions about the programs (They are your Big O, and you're the Little T)

For now, feel free to email me at [email protected] if you have any questions.

Also, if you are in need of housing (or know of a new MOT who needs housing) I can help you out. My roommate who is a second year MOT at OSU is leaving for her fieldwork, and I'm in need of a roommate. Before I start trolling craigslist, I wanted to reach out to MOTs first and keep the apartment in the OT family (her roommate before me was also in the OT program.)

Again, congratulations and I look forward to meeting everyone this summer!

I was just accepted to OSU via email today! :) Does anyone know about the tuition costs for out of state students? I looked online but am confused as to when we are considered rank 3 in the program and such. I am going to email them but just wondering if anyone knows on here.

Congrats @alg5443! I had the same problem figuring out tuition.. I thought it was very confusing and I'm glad you posted on here because when I tried contacting the OT department at OSU it took over a week to get a number! For in-state I know the total program is about $45,000 (I am also doing the masters program, I'm not sure about you). As for the ranks, we are charged ranks 1 and 2 for the majority of the program and are charged the slightly lower rate in rank 3 during our last 2 semesters of full-time fieldwork.

Hope this helps and again congrats on your acceptance! Do you think you will be attending?

Thanks for the info @123OT ! That's an awesome in-state price for a program! I'd definitely attend if I were in-state. When I did the calculations myself for out of state, it comes out to be around 94k. I absolutely love the program and curriculum, but I don't think I will be attending if that is the out of state price. It's really expensive!

Thanks for the info @123OT ! That's an awesome in-state price for a program! I'd definitely attend if I were in-state. When I did the calculations myself for out of state, it comes out to be around 94k. I absolutely love the program and curriculum, but I don't think I will be attending if that is the out of state price. It's really expensive!

How long did they give you to respond? I'm still anxiously awaiting a spot so I'm trying to determine when the next set of admissions go out. Congratulations by the way!

Thanks! The email said I will receive a letter that will say the official date I need to accept the offer by, so I'm not sure yet. I'll let you know when I find out. :)

Do you know where you will be attending?

If anyone is for sure attending OSU's MOT program and are looking for a roommate message me! I'm hoping to find another OT student to live with.

I was just accepted to OSU via email today! :) Does anyone know about the tuition costs for out of state students? I looked online but am confused as to when we are considered rank 3 in the program and such. I am going to email them but just wondering if anyone knows on here.

Did they ever tell how much the program costs? I was recently accepted and from out-of-state as well. I noticed under the FSA for my application that the estimated cost for summer 2014-spring 2015 was $71934, which is extremely high for just one year. I've emailed them and am considering calling them later, but wanted to ask if you had gotten an answer first.

Hi @yanpocky ! I actually had to call OSU a couple of times to get the correct answer. I also have $71934 on that FSA app, but they explained that that number is an estimated cost of tuition, fees, living in the dorms, books, ect. So don't go by that. You go by this table and use the final column labeled non-resident total based on the amount of credits per semester: http://registrar.osu.edu/FeeTables/Web_AU13_Fee_Table/indiv_tables_AU13/grad_ot_au13.pdf
We are considered "rank 3" in our 3rd year, so basically level 2 fieldwork. Overall for out of state, the cost is around 94,000. Too much for me, so I have decided not to attend! Good luck with your decision. I think it's a fantastic school, if only the out of state price tag was lower.

Hi @yanpocky ! I actually had to call OSU a couple of times to get the correct answer. I also have $71934 on that FSA app, but they explained that that number is an estimated cost of tuition, fees, living in the dorms, books, ect. So don't go by that. You go by this table and use the final column labeled non-resident total based on the amount of credits per semester: http://registrar.osu.edu/FeeTables/Web_AU13_Fee_Table/indiv_tables_AU13/grad_ot_au13.pdf
We are considered "rank 3" in our 3rd year, so basically level 2 fieldwork. Overall for out of state, the cost is around 94,000. Too much for me, so I have decided not to attend! Good luck with your decision. I think it's a fantastic school, if only the out of state price tag was lower.

Thanks for the reply! The price is very high for me as well so I'm going to mull over my decision a bit more :)