General Admissions & OTCAS Ohio State OTD OTCAS 19-20

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Has anyone heard back from Ohio State? At the December 7th interview they said we may hear back as early as this week!

I was wondering the same thing! I haven't heard anything, but I keep checking the Buckeye link website. The admissions guy said they do it through OTCAS so I was a little confused about exactly how we'll be notified – some kind of email I'm guessing? But I feel like the Buckeyelink site would change as well from pending to accepted

Members don't see this ad.

Just checked BuckeyeLink (up late studying for finals and figured maybe results would post at midnight) and my suspicion was right, mine changed! I was accepted :) Super exciting to hear! Anybody else?

Just checked BuckeyeLink (up late studying for finals and figured maybe results would post at midnight) and my suspicion was right, mine changed! I was accepted :) Super exciting to hear! Anybody else?
Congratulations! I was accepted as well!

Members don't see this ad :)
Has anyone heard back from Ohio State? At the December 7th interview they said we may hear back as early as this week!
I checked my buckeyelink and got accepted this morning! They just haven't sent out the emails yet.

Congrats to everyone who’s been accepted.

I received an invitation to the January 18th interview a couple days ago. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who’s been accepted.

I received an invitation to the January 18th interview a couple days ago. Can anyone give me an idea of what to expect?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The interview is broken up into 4 small interviews with the OT faculty members. You go to one interview at a time, then rotate to the next one. They are about 8 minutes or less each. The 4 small interviews each have 3-4 questions about a particular topic:
I think the 4 topics were:
1.) Why OT
2.) Ethics
3.) Leadership
4.) Diversity

Overall, I like this format because it was more easy-going and quick enough that you just say the first thing that comes to your head and move on. My advice is to relax, they are very nice people (I am at OSU for undergrad, so I've known them for a while) and they want you to feel comfortable talking with them and sharing more about yourself that they won't know based on the OTCAS. Take some time and recall the many experiences that you have had that relate to each topic just so that you aren't using the same example for every question, but other than that, don't try to rehearse your answers. Let your passion show naturally.

Was it a group interview or individual?
The interview is broken up into 4 small interviews with the OT faculty members. You go to one interview at a time, then rotate to the next one. They are about 8 minutes or less each. The 4 small interviews each have 3-4 questions about a particular topic:
I think the 4 topics were:
1.) Why OT
2.) Ethics
3.) Leadership
4.) Diversity

Overall, I like this format because it was more easy-going and quick enough that you just say the first thing that comes to your head and move on. My advice is to relax, they are very nice people (I am at OSU for undergrad, so I've known them for a while) and they want you to feel comfortable talking with them and sharing more about yourself that they won't know based on the OTCAS. Take some time and recall the many experiences that you have had that relate to each topic just so that you aren't using the same example for every question, but other than that, don't try to rehearse your answers. Let your passion show naturally.

Can anyone that interviewed tel me what the questions were like? I interviewed last week at IUPUI and thought the questions were very hard. I was accepted at Cleveland State ( they don't have their accreditation yet) and have this interview next month. I am also applying to a few others.

Can anyone that interviewed tel me what the questions were like? I interviewed last week at IUPUI and thought the questions were very hard. I was accepted at Cleveland State ( they don't have their accreditation yet) and have this interview next month. I am also applying to a few others.
They will send an email that has a few sample questions regarding ethics, leadership, and adversity. The questions are somewhat broad and open ended, so I would just try to make a list in your head of a few leadership experiences you've had and why they were impactful, a few ethical decisions you've had to make and why you made the decision you did, and a few times you've had to overcome an obstacle and what that has taught you.

You interview with a total of 4 faculty members, they each ask three questions, and the whole interview was just over 30 minutes! Good Luck to you!

For those of you who got accepted, is anyone planning on attending for sure? I think I've finally made my decision to attend OSU after many pro-con lists haha – I'm in-state, so the tuition rate is too hard to pass up for such a good program. Going to pay the deposit today or tomorrow!

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who got accepted, is anyone planning on attending for sure? I think I've finally made my decision to attend OSU after many pro-con lists haha – I'm in-state, so the tuition rate is too hard to pass up for such a good program. Going to pay the deposit today or tomorrow!
I put down my deposit, but I am still between OSU and Pitt. I think it will ultimately come down to money for me as well because I really like both programs!

I checked my buckeyelink and got accepted this morning! They just haven't sent out the emails yet.
Congrats on your acceptance! Did you get an email notifying you of your acceptance or was it just on buckeyelink?

I interviewed on Saturday and saw on buckeye link I was accepted today! So glad! OSU was my first choice. I am heading to Charleston in the morning for an interview at MUSC but think I will skip the interview and enjoy a few days in the sun instead!

Am I the only one who still hasn’t heard anything?? :oops:

Does anyone have any idea of when they might make a Facebook page for admitted students who plan on attending?

Does anyone have any idea of when they might make a Facebook page for admitted students who plan on attending?

Make sure you check your email ! I don’t remember if it came to my undergrad email or OSU email but you should be getting a link to the group soon if you’ve been accepted!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

Is there anyone who was accepted who is planning to decline?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I accepted my offer about 2 weeks ago and haven't received any emails/information yet. Has anyone else been invited to the facebook group and/or received information regarding orientation?

Congrats to everyone who has been accepted! I accepted my offer about 2 weeks ago and haven't received any emails/information yet. Has anyone else been invited to the facebook group and/or received information regarding orientation?
I was also accepted 2 weeks ago and didn't ever get an email about the Facebook pages. Being impatient, I found the page myself. It's OSU OTD Class of 2023!

Not sure anyone is still checking here- but has any heard anything about financial aid? I see on the FA page the amount of tuition, but so far nothing has been posted as far as loans. Do they put together a loan package for you or are you suppose to be finding your own loans? Also - what does everyone think the chances of us starting the end of May with everything going on? TIA

Not sure anyone is still checking here- but has any heard anything about financial aid? I see on the FA page the amount of tuition, but so far nothing has been posted as far as loans. Do they put together a loan package for you or are you suppose to be finding your own loans? Also - what does everyone think the chances of us starting the end of May with everything going on? TIA

Financial Aid (if you filed your FASFA for this coming school year) should be out soon! It's up to the university how much you get and with everything going on, their process may be delayed. I am a student research assistant for one of the board OT faculty members and they said they were pushing hard to start on time and in person with our anatomy lab. However, with everything that is happening, everything may be pushed to online. An email should be sent out soon with final decisions whether or not we will fully be moved to online. I hope this kinda helps!

Financial Aid (if you filed your FASFA for this coming school year) should be out soon! It's up to the university how much you get and with everything going on, their process may be delayed. I am a student research assistant for one of the board OT faculty members and they said they were pushing hard to start on time and in person with our anatomy lab. However, with everything that is happening, everything may be pushed to online. An email should be sent out soon with final decisions whether or not we will fully be moved to online. I hope this kinda helps!

My statement says estimated cost of attendance is 44,459. I am in state and thought tuition is around 19k. Do you have any idea why this is so high?

My statement says estimated cost of attendance is 44,459. I am in state and thought tuition is around 19k. Do you have any idea why this is so high?

The estimated COA considers living expenses as well, so that you can be offered the most amount of federal funding as possible (scholarships, fellowships, loans, etc.). The amount that I see on my statement of account that is due for Summer semester is a little less than $6000. Autumn and Spring semesters will be a bit more expensive. Hope this helps!