• Scariest Story Contest

Now that it's getting close to Halloween, we're running a contest to hear your scariest stories! These can be scary stories that you've experienced or stories that you've heard and the story with the most reactions will win!

JOIN CONTEST

Ohio State Rabies Titer

DVMoftheFuture

UFCVM c/o 2022
2+ Year Member
Jul 31, 2017
  1. Veterinary Student
    Hey all weird request: I am currently at home due to COVID. My vet school is wanting me to get a rabies titer before in-person clinics start. To avoid having to go back 2 weeks early, I am trying to find a place near me that will do a titer. The closest vet school to me currently is actually Ohio State. I am wondering if there are any current students on here who can tell me where they get their rabies titers done. Thanks!

Reactions: 1 user

britzen

VMCVM
    2+ Year Member
    Sep 29, 2017
    1. Veterinary Student
      You should be able to get it done anywhere. I had one done through my doctors office at home before I started vet school - they just have to send the blood off to a lab service that can run it.

Sent from my SM-G892U using SDN mobile

BigCats

c/o 2025!!
      2+ Year Member
      Dec 19, 2018
        I got my titer done at Quest Diagnostics! Only issue was they would only do it on a weekday but didn’t have that publicized on their site so I had to come back a second time to get it done. I did need a doctor’s order in order to get it but that shouldn’t be a problem since you need it for school.

About the Ads

grebes4lyfe

PennVet ℅ 2023
        2+ Year Member
        Jun 26, 2018
        1. Veterinary Student
          Yeah I just had my doctors office send an order into quest and then I made an appointment with them so that they knew I was coming in for that specific test.

mmmdreamerz

c/o 2021
          5+ Year Member
          Dec 7, 2014
          villager chat
          1. Veterinarian
            I’m a fourth year at Ohio State. I had to get my titers drawn in Feb prior to clinics. I went to Student health on campus, but honestly I bet you can get them drawn by your PCP and maybe even some of the smaller health clinics if you call ahead. The biggest thing is that the titers just have to go to specific labs.

If you’re local to Columbus and need some non-student health ideas for titers, PM me and I can poll my friends to see if they went elsewhere:)

DVMoftheFuture

UFCVM c/o 2022
            2+ Year Member
            Jul 31, 2017
            1. Veterinary Student
              Thanks for the recommendations everyone! I've contacted student health at UF, and I think they are going to be able to send doctor's orders to a lab for me. Fingers crossed that this works.

About the Ads
              This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
              2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
              5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
              6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
              7. This thread is locked.