TripleDegree

Joker Doctor
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 6, 2003
Visit site
Status
Can any current med student of Ohio State give me a sense of what the time commitments for the initial 12 week anatomy block are? I am considering working in the evenings - is there a lot of reading that you take back with you every day? How many days a week is the lab? How tough are the anatomy exams? How many hours a day do you put in?

Thanks from a future OSU-MS1

MD4Life03

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Mar 25, 2003
Visit site
Status
Resident [Any Field]
TripleDegree said:
Can any current med student of Ohio State give me a sense of what the time commitments for the initial 12 week anatomy block are? I am considering working in the evenings - is there a lot of reading that you take back with you every day? How many days a week is the lab? How tough are the anatomy exams? How many hours a day do you put in?

Thanks from a future OSU-MS1
First of all, I would like to say Congratulations!!!! Glad to meet another Buckeye. Anatomy's schedule usually runs from 8:30 until 12:30 or 1 depending on laboratory days. Usually lab is 3x/week. On non-lab days, you will probably get out of class by 10:30 or 11:30. It depends on how much time you put in. If you have never had anatomy before you may put in a few more hours than normal. The time you put will increase as test time roll around which is every three weeks. During anatomy I went to lab every weekend. If at all possible I would suggest that you take the summer prematriculation course. However, I completeley understand wanting to enjoy your last summer before med school. I would also suggest that you wait until anatomy is over and then decide to work. You will have more time even though OSU will try to fill up your schedule with small groups and other lectures. I have friend who works part time, but she only started after the anatomy block was over. If you have anymore questions don't be afraid to ask. :D