Program-Specific Info / Q's Ohio State University OTD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I also just got notified that I'm on the waitlist, but I'm realllly realllllly high on the list so I'm crossing my fingers

How high are you on the waitlist, if you don't mind telling me? I feel like I'm too far down to get accepted, but I guess you never know what will happen. Trying to get a feel of where other people are.

Members don't see this ad.

I keep hearing that wait lists never move. That makes me anxious.. :/

I heard they still have a couple of spots left! Don't lose hope!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am planning to decline my spot so that will open up a spot!

I am planning to decline my spot so that will open up a spot!
Hi! Congrats on the acceptance! I am curious as to when you plan on declining your spot? (If you haven't already)

Hi! Congrats on the acceptance! I am curious as to when you plan on declining your spot? (If you haven't already)
Thank you! I plan to decline In the next two weeks. I got into two other schools but am waiting to get off the waitlist at one more. So I'm kinda just waiting. But once I put down a deposit somewhere else I'll pull my spot.

Thank you! I plan to decline In the next two weeks. I got into two other schools but am waiting to get off the waitlist at one more. So I'm kinda just waiting. But once I put down a deposit somewhere else I'll pull my spot.
Yes, congrats! Maybe I was mistaken, I thought the deadline was the 9th?

Yes, congrats! Maybe I was mistaken, I thought the deadline was the 9th?
I got accepted back in December and already put down a deposit. But I have now changed my mind.

Do y'all know if we register for classes or if we are just put into them? I tried to figure out OSU's registration but it was a tad confusing.

Do y'all know if we register for classes or if we are just put into them? I tried to figure out OSU's registration but it was a tad confusing.

I wasn't too sure about this either. I'd imagine we'll be receiving instructions on how to register, probably in our BuckeyeMail accounts.

I got accepted back in December and already put down a deposit. But I have now changed my mind.
Hi. Hope I'm not pestering you with these questions haha. So, I just got bumped up on OSU's waiting list. :) I am curious if it was you who declined your spot this morning or if it was someone else. I thought I would ask just to get a feel for how many spots are open. That is, if you don't mind sharing. Thank you! Oh and best of luck with your other options.. I know how the hard decision game feels!

Hi. Hope I'm not pestering you with these questions haha. So, I just got bumped up on OSU's waiting list. :) I am curious if it was you who declined your spot this morning or if it was someone else. I thought I would ask just to get a feel for how many spots are open. That is, if you don't mind sharing. Thank you! Oh and best of luck with your other options.. I know how the hard decision game feels!
It was not me! I plan to decline next week! So that is exciting! Another spot opened and you know another one will open next week!! Best of luck!!

Reactions: 1 user
It was not me! I plan to decline next week! So that is exciting! Another spot opened and you know another one will open next week!! Best of luck!!
Awesome thanks for letting me know! That is so thoughtful of you to keep us updated even though you selected somewhere else!! It is much appreciated!

Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome thanks for letting me know! That is so thoughtful of you to keep us updated even though you selected somewhere else!! It is much appreciated!
Omg of course! I am on the waitlist somewhere else as well so I totally understand! And the whole process is terrible, so it's great to have this forum!

Omg of course! I am on the waitlist somewhere else as well so I totally understand! And the whole process is terrible, so it's great to have this forum!
I know right? It is so insanely competitive. This forum has definitely eased some of the nerves. ah I hope you get into the school you're waitlisted at, I am sure you will!

I literally was wondering the same thing! The wait list update email made my heart drop, I'm so anxious!

I literally was wondering the same thing! The wait list update email made my heart drop, I'm so anxious!
Looks like we are in very similar positions here! I wish you the best of luck :) I literally check my e-mail and application status like every hour haha

Looks like we are in very similar positions here! I wish you the best of luck :) I literally check my e-mail and application status like every hour haha

Yeah it looks like it! I check it everyday, constantly. I've heard back from other schools but I am holding out. I just feel like I'm so close! I know that some people haven't answered yet because they are also waiting on other waitlist a to move. It is like the ultimate waiting game! Haha

Hi everyone, I just emailed today that I would be withdrawing my seat at OSU. Hopefully someone gets good news tomorrow :)

Have you gotten the e-mail about being bumped up yet? Just wondering because I haven't gotten mine haha!

I haven't! I figured that it was because of the weekend, but it's now mid week :/

Hi everyone, I just emailed today that I would be withdrawing my seat at OSU. Hopefully someone gets good news tomorrow :)

We still haven't gotten an email for waitlist movement... looks like they don't accept your withdrawal haha :p

Reactions: 1 user
We still haven't gotten an email for waitlist movement... looks like they don't accept your withdrawal haha :p
Hi! I just got into the program and it was a change through my application status. I accepted the spot yesterday, so the e-mail will probably be sent out soon! :)

Hi! I just got into the program and it was a change through my application status. I accepted the spot yesterday, so the e-mail will probably be sent out soon! :)

Yay!! Congratulations! I just looked at the application status and I got in too! :) I'm so excited. I was only 2 on the list, so we must have been next to each other on the list! Congrats again!

Yay!! Congratulations! I just looked at the application status and I got in too! :) I'm so excited. I was only 2 on the list, so we must have been next to each other on the list! Congrats again!
CONGRATS!!! I was 1, so we were so close haha! I am so happy for you! See you in May! :)

Does anyone know when we should be getting more information, such as next steps? I received the general graduate school email, but was wondering if we'd be notified in further detail about our schedule, things to do to prepare, etc.

hey! I remember a couple people asking about scheduling. Does everyone have their buckeyelink set up? if so, you can just add the two classes that we need! (AN 6000: Anatomy, OT 6110: Occupational Therapy Foundations & Theory) and there is only one slot for each class so its pretty easy! :)

hey! I remember a couple people asking about scheduling. Does everyone have their buckeyelink set up? if so, you can just add the two classes that we need! (AN 6000: Anatomy, OT 6110: Occupational Therapy Foundations & Theory) and there is only one slot for each class so its pretty easy! :)
Oh cool! Thank you!
Also has anyone heard about financial aid yet?

Oh cool! Thank you!
Also has anyone heard about financial aid yet?

I got an email a couple days ago (to my buckeyemail) that my financial aid was awarded. Unfortunately, there are not many aids available besides loans.