Ohio State University Pharmacy Chances

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MDhopeful10

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Everyone!

I am interest in applying to The Ohio State University College of Pharmacy in this coming cycle and was wondering what my chances would be with these stats:

cGPA: ~3.6 (very slightly less)
sGPA: ~3.38
PCAT: September planned

250 Hours volunteering at large hospital with volunteer service award (~40 in hospital pharmacy)
60 hours Pharmacist shadowing
60 hours Physician shadowing
20 hours dentist shadowing
1 year research no publication
2 years Organic Chemistry Grading TA
LOR from OSU pharmacy grad

What do you think my chances are? What kind of PCAT would I need to get in at Ohio State? I have other ECs as well, but I listed the most important ones here.

Members don't see this ad.

You have a solid chance just get a 80-85 percentile PCAT and your application is solid. Also I recommend looking into pharmacy tech positions just to make sure you know for sure what you're getting into.

Also, a 80-85 PCAT doesn't sound as hard as it seems. With 2 solid weeks of studying someone with your background can easily pull in a 90+ percentile

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks for the reply! Have you taken the PCAT/ applied already?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes I got in for admission to OSU COP to begin next month, but I've decided to not pursue pharmacy any longer and want to be a physician.

Reactions: 1 user
Yes I got in for admission to OSU COP to begin next month, but I've decided to not pursue pharmacy any longer and want to be a physician.
Got to do what you love! What made you decide not to pursue pharmacy? Its potentially the opposite situation for me. What were your stats for pharmacy out of curiosity?