Ohio State University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SteadyEddy

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
As I thumbed throught the welcome packet I saw a sheet with Step I scores written on it. Thinking that it was last years applicants I delved further only to see my scores as well as my fellow interviewees. Wow, I remember thinking...feeling bad for those that didn't score so well. Ballsy move on the University's part if I might say so myself. Other than that, I loved the program and was offered an opportunity to come back for a second look. Just wondering if this happened on any other interview days.

SE

Members don't see this ad.

Hi, I interviewd at OSU but I didn't get a sheet with step 1 scores on it. Nor have I heard of any program that did that.

I though people might think that I'm a little crazy regarding what happened but surely SOMEBODY interviewed at OSU this past weekend!
njsurgstu said:
Hi, I interviewd at OSU but I didn't get a sheet with step 1 scores on it. Nor have I heard of any program that did that.

Members don't see this ad :)
It had to have been an accident that the board score sheet was put into your folder. When I interviewed at OSU, I saw the chief's and the attending's looking at the sheet and saw everyone's scores too but they definitely did not put that sheet into your folder on purpose.

Actually, I can confirm what SteadyEddy has said...all the applicants this past weekend had them in their packet...it had step 1 and 2 scores, AOA status and couples matching status for everyone interviewing that day. It was rather disturbing and I know many of us made comments to each other about how uncomfortable we were with that---but we didn't know if it was on purpose or by accident. Sounds like it was a fluke?

this process has been riddled with a lot of amateurish moves on the part of program directors, chairs, and program coordinators. i've seen some sketchy things and overall i think this process needs to be looked at critically. i wonder if some of the stuff that goes on at interviews would fly in corporate america? by the way, isn't it sad that corporate america might actually have more integrity than medicine in terms of the hiring process?

Thanks for confirming what I said Mak...I really do think that they made a mistake, as they don't seem like the type of program that would play games. Well, I wish everyone the best as you all finish your interviews and begin your match lists. Take care all.

SE

TheMakinator said:
Actually, I can confirm what SteadyEddy has said...all the applicants this past weekend had them in their packet...it had step 1 and 2 scores, AOA status and couples matching status for everyone interviewing that day. It was rather disturbing and I know many of us made comments to each other about how uncomfortable we were with that---but we didn't know if it was on purpose or by accident. Sounds like it was a fluke?

TheMakinator said:

At least now you can definitively tell people what type of applicants Ohio State interviews (stat-wise). :laugh: