Ohio State

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CruiseLover

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've heard Ohio State meets right after the interviews and makes a decision at that point. Is this true? If so, why so long to hear back from them? :( Is the long Thanksgiving weekend making a difference in time?

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn't tell you why, but yes this does seem to be the case. I interviewed there on the 7th of November and heard back on the 22nd. The unnecessary waiting period is somewhat cruel. I doubt Thanksgiving would affect it at all. Good luck!

I interviewed on 11/14, and just received an e-mail today (11/29) saying that my decision has been made, but won't be posted until tomorrow! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!? Why are you teasing us with this e-mail if you're not gonna tell us NOW!? :scared: How am I gonna make it to tomorrow!? They should just not e-mail you until it's all ready to go!

Messerschmitts said:
I interviewed on 11/14, and just received an e-mail today (11/29) saying that my decision has been made, but won't be posted until tomorrow! WHAT IS WRONG WITH YOU PEOPLE!!? Why are you teasing us with this e-mail if you're not gonna tell us NOW!? :scared: How am I gonna make it to tomorrow!? They should just not e-mail you until it's all ready to go!

That's weird. I have never heard of that one. Usually, any time your status page is updated you just get an e-mail to that effect and have to log on to see what it says.

And yes, Ohio State does meet immediately after interviewing. Not sure why its not posted until two weeks later. If I remember, I'll ask the admissions office next week.

Good luck to you all. You think you're stressed now? Just wait until the "deferred decisions" start rolling (maybe they already have).