Ohio State's "P.S." waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WaitingImpatiently, Mar 21, 2002.

1. WaitingImpatiently

WaitingImpatiently Long Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know what percentage of these waitlistees typically get in? I think this is the equivalent to a "high priority" waitlist, and i know that at some schools, 100% of those get admitted. Also, does OSU take ALL of the PS waitlistees before dipping into the non-PS pool of applicants?

Thanks

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

The "P.S." group is the deferred list, meaning the adcom did not want to totally commit to accepting you. It means you are much better than a waitlist, and (should)/will get top priority.

I got the P.S. in November and was accepted March 1st.

Best of luck to you!

4. westsidespartan

westsidespartan Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So do they tell you in the letter if you are on the "PS" list? I got my post-interview letter today and it just said I was in the alternate pool... apparantly this isn't as good? Are my chances really low/non existent?

5. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

westside,
    For some of the candidates placed on the alternate list,they get a "P.S" at the bottom of the letter, asking the candidate to be patient while stating that they have an excellent chance of admission. I guess they are looked at first before the rest of the list. I dont think it means the alternate list is as good as getting rejected though.

Good Luck! :)