1. SDN Mobile is now free on iTunes and on the Google Play Store. Enjoy!
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Ohio State's "P.S." waitlist

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by WaitingImpatiently, Mar 21, 2002.

1. WaitingImpatiently

WaitingImpatiently Long Member
    7+ Year Member

Does anyone know what percentage of these waitlistees typically get in? I think this is the equivalent to a "high priority" waitlist, and i know that at some schools, 100% of those get admitted. Also, does OSU take ALL of the PS waitlistees before dipping into the non-PS pool of applicants?

Thanks

2. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

The "P.S." group is the deferred list, meaning the adcom did not want to totally commit to accepting you. It means you are much better than a waitlist, and (should)/will get top priority.

I got the P.S. in November and was accepted March 1st.

Best of luck to you!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. westsidespartan

westsidespartan Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    So do they tell you in the letter if you are on the "PS" list? I got my post-interview letter today and it just said I was in the alternate pool... apparantly this isn't as good? Are my chances really low/non existent?

4. Resident Alien

7+ Year Member

westside,
    For some of the candidates placed on the alternate list,they get a "P.S" at the bottom of the letter, asking the candidate to be patient while stating that they have an excellent chance of admission. I guess they are looked at first before the rest of the list. I dont think it means the alternate list is as good as getting rejected though.

Good Luck! :)

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...