Ohio Summer Scholars 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

premed0431

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I was looking at other forum post and were not suppose to find out till supposedly starting the 7th

Hey guys veteran summer scholar here! I am willing to answer any summer scholar questions you may have! To start, when I applied, I received my acceptance on the 17th of April at 11:52am!

Reactions: 2 users
Has anyone heard anything?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I kind of want to call them

I was told we would get decisions by the 20th of April

Did you guys submit your MCAT score with the application

Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t think I submitted mine.

Did you call them? I submitted MCAT score with mine!
I sent them an email and they replied pretty fast. Someone else could try and maybe they might give you a different date but thats what they told me

Reactions: 1 user
Submitting an MCAT score will allow you to gain access to the guaranteed interview at the end of the program. If you did not submit your MCAT with the application, it will not hinder your chances of gaining an acceptance into summer scholars. You will gain another opportunity to present your MCAT while in the program!

Hey guys veteran summer scholar here! I am willing to answer any summer scholar questions you may have! To start, when I applied, I received my acceptance on the 17th of April at 11:52am!
How many people were in the program last summer?

It was 20 of us!

You mind telling us what your experience was like? What was the best/worst part? Anything you would have done differently? Or maybe what were some highlighter?

Am I the only one who hasn’t heard back? I know it’s a no but still lollll

It may not be a no. They may just still be selecting.

DOctor_C. would you please share your experience with us? I got my acceptance on Friday. I am trying to make arrangements. Did you feel like it was a valuable experience?

DOctor_C. would you please share your experience with us? I got my acceptance on Friday. I am trying to make arrangements. Did you feel like it was a valuable experience?

Send me your email address and we will correspond from there! I’m pretty busy due to finals!

Send me your email address and we will correspond from there! I’m pretty busy due to finals!
Thanks! I won't take much of your time. My email is Rooney95golf using outlook (it won't let me post it in usual email format since I have not been on the forum for ten days :() I would just like to know how beneficial you thought the program was. I am an OOS person and this endeavor will take some schedule rearranging. Any info about the hours spent in lab, contact benefits, biology grade process, benefits in getting into the DO school would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance and good luck on finals!

Last edited:
Is there a Facebook group or anything for accepted students for this year?

Is there a Facebook group or anything for accepted students for this year?

I've searched Facebook for a group, but I haven't seen anything yet.