Ohio University (OU-HCOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
does anyone know when to expect more movement?
It should be moving starting mid-May all the way to even the week of orientation (July 10th I believe). But yea, I am waiting to hear something as well.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I can tell you now, if I get pulled from a waitlist at one of two other schools I'm giving up my spot at OU. So hopefully that happens and one of you guys gets my spot! :)

Withdrawing my acceptance this week. Good luck to all!

Just withdrew my acceptance from the Athens Campus. I hope my spot goes to one of you great future doc. Keep your hopes up, it's not over yet!

would you mind to share your stats or PM me...thank you

Gave up my seat kinda sad cause I liked the school hope it goes to one of you fine souls

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 user
Such a hard decision but I gave up my seat today. Good luck to those on the wait list!

Do you mind sharing your stats for the rest of us on the waiting list? Trying to get an idea of where I might be in their list.
Sorry I was out of the country. GPAc 3.65 GPAs 3.55 MCAT 501 Good luck to you

Withdrew Athens today. Was going to previously, but had some communication troubles with my new school. Good luck to all!

yes! http://ohiomedicine.force.com/SiteLogin your login is the email you have on file with them!
Hi! Do you remember if in your II did they tell you what your date is or did you pick it? Just curious if i should be checking my email constantly to sign up for the first slots (hypothetically speaking if i ended up getting an II of course). THANKS!

Q. How detailed should I be when 'explaining' my low and out-of-line (please trust me on this qualifier) MCAT score in my secondary PS without the risk of being seen as defensive/excusatory?

Thanks in advance for any input!

Last edited:
This is for MEEP!! MEEP!! (I do have your email but am not sure if it is appropriate to email you directly)... and please, anyone who has any input, do reply:

Q. How detailed should I be when 'explaining' my low and out-of-line (please trust me on this qualifier) MCAT score in my secondary PS without risking of being seen as defensive/excusatory? Just to give you a quick insight, I went to High School in a tiny Eastern European country at the time of Communism... and had my 1st exposure ever to multiple-choice testing 10 years later in the US during my college Math placement test; somehow I did manage it since I was able to register directly for Calculus 2 - skipping precalculus & Calculus 1. As an Engineering student, I took only a couple of multiple choice tests in a [fairly easy] Economics class; thus, leaving me clueless about my apparent lack of test-taking skills until the MCAT. Not to be taken wrong, I still believe the MCAT is the best tool med schools have, it is fair to all, and it works very well for the most part - it only fails in a few instances, IMHO. I believe I am one of them -no complaints though - I am just looking for a way/chance to explain myself.

Thanks in advance for any input!
While I understand that your situation is frustrating I don't think highlighting your lack of multiple choice experience will be beneficial. The exams while in school at OU-HCOM are going to be nearly all multiple choice and more importantly the COMLEX and USMLE are multiple choice as well. If you're MCAT is above a 500 and you have a well rounded application you will have a shot at acceptance. It just may require you to be patient and wait until deep into the cycle. If OU-HCOM is your top choice school update them throughout the cycle with new grades or work experience.

Hi! Do you remember if in your II did they tell you what your date is or did you pick it? Just curious if i should be checking my email constantly to sign up for the first slots (hypothetically speaking if i ended up getting an II of course). THANKS!
They will send you an email with your interview date. Interviews are on Fridays. They usually give you a couple weeks notice before your interview date. Not sure when they will be starting interviews this year

Reactions: 1 users
While I understand that your situation is frustrating I don't think highlighting your lack of multiple choice experience will be beneficial. The exams while in school at OU-HCOM are going to be nearly all multiple choice and more importantly the COMLEX and USMLE are multiple choice as well. If you're MCAT is above a 500 and you have a well rounded application you will have a shot at acceptance. It just may require you to be patient and wait until deep into the cycle. If OU-HCOM is your top choice school update them throughout the cycle with new grades or work experience.
Thanks for the advice!
I fully agree with you and actually already started working on improving my test-taking skills. I am signing up for some professional coaching besides working on my own throughout the year; and will mention this in my secondary as well. Yes, OU-HCOM is my top choice. I'm IS.

PS. I'm new to posting here and love the great spirit of peer support I find. Thx to all of you!

What's the pre-secondary screen for OOS applicants?