Ohio University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drnima

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any way of getting out of the contract that you sign at the time of matriculation to practice medicine in Ohio for 5 years.
Thanks for the help.

Members don't see this ad.

drnima said:
Hey guys, I was wondering if there is any way of getting out of the contract that you sign at the time of matriculation to practice medicine in Ohio for 5 years.
Thanks for the help.

You may do your residency in Ohio which can count as 1:1 or 2:1 against your five years...

Doing a residency in Ohio is nothing to scoff at as we have excellent allo and osteo opportunities.

Buckeye(OH) said:
You may do your residency in Ohio which can count as 1:1 or 2:1 against your five years...

Doing a residency in Ohio is nothing to scoff at as we have excellent allo and osteo opportunities.

Careful...remember that only osteopathic residencies (in the Ohio CORE) count towards your obligation. If you do an allo residency, you have to practice 5 years after that.

You can also buy out of your obligation if you're so inclined.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks for the help guys, but I'm still confused.
The contract says that postgraduate medical education (which includes internship and residensy) does not cound toward your 5 years.

drnima said:
Thanks for the help guys, but I'm still confused.
The contract says that postgraduate medical education (which includes internship and residensy) does not cound toward your 5 years.

You're correct, the contract does say that. However, there are guidelines created that allow you to fulfill the requirement by participating in an osteopathic residency in the CORE.

Check this link: http://www.oucom.ohiou.edu/sservices/manual/oosguideline.htm#OutOfState

You're awesome Shinken, thanks a bunch.