SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ohio University

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by weasel, Nov 17, 1998.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. weasel

weasel Junior Member

Nov 16, 1998
    Bloomington, IN
    Anyone here interested in OUCOM? I have heard that it is extremely tough to get in if you aren't an Ohio resident, which would not be good for me at all. Anyone ever applied or visited the campus? Anyone interested in the school? I am interested because they have a DO/PhD program and they have a PhD program in the field I am interested in. I think Michigan State does also. Anyway, what do you guys think of OUCOM? I rarely see it mentioned in discussion forums. Any pros and cons of this school would be appreciated.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Kansai

Kansai Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 1, 1998
    Albany, New York

I applied to OUCOM as an out-of-state student, as well. I haven't heard a word from them yet! I had actually heard they were a little easier to get into as an out-of-stater because of the 5 year committment. Who knows? I sure didn't see the committment as a negative, especially with Ohio being such a big osteopathic state. I think that could almost be beneficial. Good luck!

4. edgar

edgar Senior Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 1, 1998
    Pomona, CA

I also applied to OUCOM as a California resident, and like Stef have not heard anything yet. It doesn't matter since I've decided to go to COMP, anyways. But I was very impressed with their program, it is very innovative. They have a systems-based cirriculum like COMP, and have a very strong basic science department since they run a Ph.D. program as well as a D.O./Ph.D. joint program. The clinical/residency affiliations are awesome, and I met an applicant who says that a few of the OUCOM hospitals are affilated with Cleveland Clinic. The 5-year practice thing scared me away from the school, but I think they have one of the most solid medical programs in the country. Norman Gevitz', a well-known sociologist who wrote "The DO's: Osteo. Med. in America" is now head of the medical sociology department at OUCOM. The school is headed for greatness under Dr. Ross-Lee's tutelage. Good luck!

5. truly

truly New Member

Nov 22, 1998
    Cincinnati, Ohio USA
    Hi there...I'm a first year student at OUCOM
    and would be happy to answer any of your
    questions about the school. Drop me a line
    at [email protected]

Warren Hsu
  6. squidwardscissorhand

squidwardscissorhand Banned Banned Account on Hold

Nov 4, 2016
    I've emailed you but have received no response.

7. WhereMyLiberalsAt

Apr 4, 2016
  8. squidwardscissorhand

squidwardscissorhand Banned Banned Account on Hold

Nov 4, 2016
    No I actually e-mailed him back in '98. It's impolite to keep people waiting this long
  9. Doggowar7

Doggowar7 Banned Banned

Nov 11, 2016
    who do you thnik you are with your necrobumps?
  10. AlteredScale

AlteredScale Administrator Moderator 2+ Year Member

May 10, 2013
    A beautiful cubicle space.
    Please do not necrobump. Closing.
    ortnakas likes this.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.