Ohio University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

akerstet2002

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I haven't seen OU-COM mentioned in this forum. Does anyone know or have an opinion about Ohio university?

Members don't see this ad.

Hopefully I'll be in the entering class of 2003 at OU-COM. I went to the school a few weeks ago and met with an admissions advisor and took a tour. It is an amazing school with state of the art facilities.

My mentor graduated from Ohio and he speaks very highly of the school. Are you an Ohio resident? If you're not, they require you to sign a 5 year contract to practice in the state of Ohio after graduation or after residency.

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I am an Ohio resident. I want to go to med. school in Ohio and I also want to attend an osteopathic school...therefore, Ohio University is it. I am just curious, do any other schools require you to sign a contract?
Thanks...any other info on OU-COM is greatly appreciated.

The great thing about OU is that they notify you of your acceptance the day after you interview! Talk about low stress.

I thought OU was a very nice school. Great facilities, the people were exceptionally nice. One of my interviewers took me on a walk during the interview! It was really cool, and very laid back. I also think that OU has one of the best organized programs for 3rd and 4th year compaired to other osteo schools (just my opinion)! Plus it's instate tuition (a huge bonus)! Also, OU is actively persuing research in their program, as well as offering a DO/PhD degree. This will allow you a chance to get involved in research which will help you out when it comes time for residency applications! Good luck.

are your serious? they reply the day after the interview. That is pretty good. btw, what is their acceptance rate assuming you get an interview.

applicant, from what i recall the acceptance rate is about 50% once you get an interview

Is anyone planning on living in the University Courtyard Apartments at Ohio University this fall?