Dismiss Notice
SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Ohio University

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by akerstet2002, Jul 23, 2001.

1. akerstet2002

akerstet2002 Member

I haven't seen OU-COM mentioned in this forum. Does anyone know or have an opinion about Ohio university?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctortobee

Doctortobee Senior Member

Hopefully I'll be in the entering class of 2003 at OU-COM. I went to the school a few weeks ago and met with an admissions advisor and took a tour. It is an amazing school with state of the art facilities.

4. apple638

apple638 Senior Member

Attending Physician
    My mentor graduated from Ohio and he speaks very highly of the school. Are you an Ohio resident? If you're not, they require you to sign a 5 year contract to practice in the state of Ohio after graduation or after residency.

5. akerstet2002

akerstet2002 Member

Yes, I am an Ohio resident. I want to go to med. school in Ohio and I also want to attend an osteopathic school...therefore, Ohio University is it. I am just curious, do any other schools require you to sign a contract?
    Thanks...any other info on OU-COM is greatly appreciated.

6. Mango

Mango Very Senior Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    The great thing about OU is that they notify you of your acceptance the day after you interview! Talk about low stress.

I thought OU was a very nice school. Great facilities, the people were exceptionally nice. One of my interviewers took me on a walk during the interview! It was really cool, and very laid back. I also think that OU has one of the best organized programs for 3rd and 4th year compaired to other osteo schools (just my opinion)! Plus it's instate tuition (a huge bonus)! Also, OU is actively persuing research in their program, as well as offering a DO/PhD degree. This will allow you a chance to get involved in research which will help you out when it comes time for residency applications! Good luck.

7. applicant2002

applicant2002 Senior Member

are your serious? they reply the day after the interview. That is pretty good. btw, what is their acceptance rate assuming you get an interview.

8. EricDelt

EricDelt New Member

applicant, from what i recall the acceptance rate is about 50% once you get an interview

9. EricDelt

EricDelt New Member

Is anyone planning on living in the University Courtyard Apartments at Ohio University this fall?