Ohio University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dreamin

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is anyone applying to OU-COM this year? I am really interested in this school and I was just wondering if anyone has interviewed there yet? I took the august mcat, so they just got my scores. All my stats, ec's, and lors should be right in line with who they interview. Anyways, I was just wondering if anyone who took the august mcat has received an interview invite yet? If you have interviewed there, what did you think?:cool:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Dreamin,

I am in the same boat with you. Like you, I applied to Ohio Univeristy and consider it to be my number one school....on the condition that I get accepted. What other schools did you apply ?

Besides OUCOM, I applied to PCOM, LECOM, CCOM, and NYCOM. I had an interview last week at LECOM and I decided that it wasn't for me. I also applied to Ohio MD schools because I want to stay in state. I think OU is a great school...I have heard various admissions reps speak from the school and they seem to be very proud of their program. I like the atmosphere there, they offer early clinical experience, and the campus is beautiful. I met a resident a few weeks ago who graduated from there and he had great things to say about the school. Good luck! Where else are you applying?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm also applying to OU with August MCAT. It's my top choice, but I'm applying to 9 other DO schools too. Dreamin, when you say your stats, ec's, etc. are "in line with who they interview", what do you mean by that? Do you know what kind of applicants have interviewed in the past?

As soon as my last LOR gets there my file should be complete. I really want to interview there!

Here are the stats for last years entering class from US NEWS & WORLD REPORT...

Applied Interviewed Accepted Enrolled
Total: 717 225 176 108
In state: 279 180 144 90
Outstate: 438 45 32 18
Women: 323 97 79 46
Minorities: 97 49 35 26

GPA
Average undergraduate GPA: 3.43

MCAT
Overall score (composite): 8.3
Verbal reasoning: 8
Physical sciences: 8
Biological: 9
Writing: P

I'm applying to OU-COM and LECOM as well as all Ohio MD schools ( I also want to stay in the Ohio area). I have an unrelated question/concern. When I sent my LOR's in through my University pre-med advisor I forgot to sent "DO" letters. The ones that were sent have my AMCAS ID# in them. Anyone ever heard of this happening before? I wonder if they'll be insulted or put off by the oversight. You definetly worry about everything in this process!

Green912,
I definately would not worry about that...it's a simple mistake. Besides, the letters were sent by your pre-med advisor so they will probably think that it was the advisors mistake. I bet many applicants to their school also apply md, and I don't think it will be insulting. Good luck!

Hey Dreamin,

I am only applying to strictly DO schools. As like you, I would like to stay in state. I also applied to PCOM, CCOM, AZCOM, Nova, Des Moines, and UNE. Hopefully, I will get into Ohio U since that is my number one choice. By the way, where did you do your undergrad at Dreamin?