Ohio's "Official campus admissions visit" = interview call?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

grifgin

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys and gals
Ive recieved a call and package say your are invited to "Official campus admissions visit", I asked the lady on the phone if this was an interview, she gave me a long answer which confused me more...

any one else got an interview at Ohio, but that said "Official campus admissions visit"????

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

yea i think so

its more of a discussion and tour

do you know if the schools are still handing out scholarships maybe?

Members don't see this ad :)
OCPM doesn't give them out until May or something, from what I remember.

I called Ohio yesterday to followup on materials they may have received. The lady told me that she was mailing out a package. She said that it will have a list of interview dates and that I was to select one and call back.

So with the previous statement by the OP, I'm now confused:confused:

Is this an invite or not? :confused:

There is no way I paying for airfare and hotel for a tour. If I'm being interviewed, that a different story.

I will call them tomorrow to find out what is going on.

Yes, the campus invite is the interview invite. I don't know why they word it that way. On the schedule where it says admissions meeting (or something like that), that's the interview.

If you go, I would suggest staying at the Comfort Inn-Airport. It's only like $33/night for your half (the school pays the other half), and the school pays for the taxi to and from the interview. The taxi will also take you to the airport if you are flying out that night.

Yes, the campus invite is the interview invite. I don't know why they word it that way. On the schedule where it says admissions meeting (or something like that), that's the interview.

If you go, I would suggest staying at the Comfort Inn-Airport. It's only like $33/night for your half (the school pays the other half), and the school pays for the taxi to and from the interview. The taxi will also take you to the airport if you are flying out that night.

Thanks for the tip on the hotel. can you give me any info/advice on the interview? How long was it? how was your interviewer? things of that nature. how are the students?

Thanks for the tip on the hotel. can you give me any info/advice on the interview? How long was it? how was your interviewer? things of that nature. how are the students?

There is interview feedback you can browse. It appears that 9 people have posted feedback for Ohio. At the top of the forums under podiatry, go to Podiatry School interview feedback and the browse feedback Good luck.:thumbup:

Be confident and be yourself. If there are any "flags" to your app., like low gpa, multiple colleges/universities attended, etc. be prepared to explain them. Otherwise, have fun. The day is really relaxed. Everyone is amazingly friendly. The students that give the tour have no say in the admissions process so feel free to ask whatever you want of them.

When I went, we had lunch with the students that did the tour, the dean of admissions, her assistant, the 2 recruiters, and the student service guy. We were all laughing and joking so it was a good experience. I was interviewed twice by the dean, once before lunch and then again at the end of the day. The last one is where I was given the acceptance letter. There were no hard questions or anything. I was asked about a comment in my ps about why I wanted to pursue podiatry. Overall, it was a fairly easy interview. I really enjoyed the day. I can't really know how long the interviews were. After the first one, the other interviewees said I was in there awhile but it didn't seem all that long. The second one was fairly short, too.

Be prepared to walk off and on. They let you see all of the school, which is kinda moot since it is moving.

Don't be nervous. You'll do fine. Like gangrene said, there is feedback online. I posted mine there. If you have any specific questions or anything, PM me. Good luck! :luck:

I know people talk about it being a lower level school, but I really felt comfortable there (even though I know I can get in at the other "top" schools). Go with your gut. Don't let other people sway you.

Be confident and be yourself. If there are any "flags" to your app., like low gpa, multiple colleges/universities attended, etc. be prepared to explain them. Otherwise, have fun. The day is really relaxed. Everyone is amazingly friendly. The students that give the tour have no say in the admissions process so feel free to ask whatever you want of them.

This is very true. :thumbup:

hey thanks guys!!! really really appreciated!

What are some good questions to ask the dean/or other interviewer about podiatry??

hey thanks guys!!! really really appreciated!

What are some good questions to ask the dean/or other interviewer about podiatry??

This is true b/c in other threads students ask for "good" explinations for low GPAs, MCAT and DAT scores. I think that this is very personal. What do you want from your education and school? Take some time and really reflect on that. Then take your priorities and ask the interviewer/dean how they are working to deal with your needs.

I'm sorry someone PMed and asked a similar question. Can whomever it was PM me again. Somehow the message was deleted.

Members don't see this ad :)
I just interviewed in Feb and Got a nice scholarship, so you can definitely get one! Also, If they invite you for a visit, it probably means that they want you! Visit OCPM and you will fall in love and you can be my classmate!:p

did you send in your final transcripts already?

someone else was saying they werent giving out scholarships until may

I think they may go ahead and give out the half-tuition scholarship if you are already done with undergrad, they have all your transcripts, and you meet the requirements. I'm not sure though.

that would make sense

i want a scholarship too, already...

I want one, too. Anything to keep those costs down. I wonder how many people get scholarships the first year. I can't remember if they gave a figure at the visit.

I graduated in December and already had everything in when I had my interview, so I got the scholarship with my acceptance letter.. Thats what all the podiatry schools that i interviewed with did... Some schools even negotiate, for example, Temple was trying to get me to go there by asking me how much ocpm gave me and match it... not the most professional, but hey.. scholarships help:p there are also scholarships on the web if you look

I just interviewed in Feb and Got a nice scholarship, so you can definitely get one! Also, If they invite you for a visit, it probably means that they want you! Visit OCPM and you will fall in love and you can be my classmate!:p

I will be scheduling my interview tomorrow. Called too late on Friday (forgot about the time zone difference). That will be #3 on the interview list. I will be heading to Cali this week and Philly next week.

I was a little confused with the wording as well when I recieved the package.

I will be heading to Cleveland mid-March!

Good Luck with interviewing! The most important thing to remember is trying to see if each school you visit will fufill whatever you are looking for. I had to make a pros and cons list for each school! :p

I am definitely listing the pros and cons. But my hubby's ability to find employment will definitely play a part. From doing a prelim search, it looks pretty good in all the different cities. So we are not too worried.

i'm starting to get tired already and i've only been on one interview. got another one 3/9...will be glad when i can make a decision. :)

Hey Tink
I was recently accepted to the school (in January). How do you find out about scholarships? Do they just inform you if you are eligable or do you have to do your own research? Thanks

Hey Tink
I was recently accepted to the school (in January). How do you find out about scholarships? Do they just inform you if you are eligable or do you have to do your own research? Thanks

if you havent graduated yet, i think they wait until may or june to tell you if you get a scholarship from the school or not

they also should have given you a packet about other scholarships available during your visit