ohnoes! got murdered on diagnostic qbank!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chef

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
started studying yesterday, 6 wks left til bigday -

took 50q qbank diagnostic and got 31%!!!! i am fu##ked!! pls help i dont wanna fail . what's a good 6 wk study plan

Members don't see this ad.

6 weeks? Are you kidding? That's soooo enough time. Most people would kill for 6 weeks of prep. You'll be fine!

thx string bean. it drove me crazy yesterday doing those 50 q's because about 1/4 of questions i had no idea what i was reading.. and 1/2 of it i had heard of it before but forgot the details. 31% is horrible............

i'll study hard everyday and lets hope i can bring up qbank to 70% range everyone else is getting!

chef said:
thx string bean. it drove me crazy yesterday doing those 50 q's because about 1/4 of questions i had no idea what i was reading.. and 1/2 of it i had heard of it before but forgot the details. 31% is horrible............

i'll study hard everyday and lets hope i can bring up qbank to 70% range everyone else is getting!

I think it's a common misperception that "everyone" ends up w a 70+% average for the qbank questions. It's just like how the average SDNer step 1 average is 235-240. The vast majority of people who post their scores are people who are well above average! I have alot of really smart friends that arent even close to 70%. Moreover, I don't think it really even matters too much. The most important thing is that you learn something from every question you miss... With some productive studying, I guarantee your qbank scores will begin to skyrocket.... Not sure where to start? Focus on your weak areas and start w/ First aid. And study Path super well! But you have 6 weeks... That's plenty of time to move your score in the right direction.... If you want a more accurate prediction of where you stand, take the $45 NBME tests that everyone is talking about... These ar ethe most accurate test questions and give you reliable predictions about your score (if you were to take it that same day).. Good luck, work hard, and you'll be fine..

Members don't see this ad :)
Spend your 6 weeks studying review texts and what you learned in your courses rather than beating yourself up over what qbank says you don't know. The real exam is much easier than qbank makes it seem.

Have confidence that you know this stuff. If you need an outside source to tell you how you're doing, take the NBME assessment exams.

Don't worry. I started off with 40% diagnostic, the day after school let out. (I had been doing better before but had forgotten everything during the last two weeks of school). Two weeks of hard core studying and now I average 80%. Six weeks is a hell of a whole lot of time, especially when little things like school don't get in the way.