OHSU and UCLA Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mdung

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Have anyone been to the OHSU or UCLA interview yet?

For the UCLA they said to be there 9:45pm. What time did the day end? It didn't say and I know they don't like people calling them, so I just wanted to check w/ you people first. Same question for OHSU. OHSU asked me to check in at 7:45am though--not sure when the day ends though. And what's w/ the UCLA informal interview and/or tour? Does taht interview count even though its informal?

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know the answer to your question...but...

Did you take statistics already?

When were you complete w/ the secondary?

I am hoping to interview...Thanks in advance.

mdung said:
Have anyone been to the OHSU or UCLA interview yet?

For the UCLA they said to be there 9:45pm. What time did the day end? It didn't say and I know they don't like people calling them, so I just wanted to check w/ you people first. Same question for OHSU. OHSU asked me to check in at 7:45am though--not sure when the day ends though. And what's w/ the UCLA informal interview and/or tour? Does taht interview count even though its informal?

Do you mean 9:45 AM?

If they told you to be there at 9:45 AM, it means that your interview will be in the morning. I don't think that they'd make you come in so early for an afternoon interview. I interviewed in the afternoon, and they had me come in at 11:45. You'll have a tour at noon, which should last an hour. I'd say you'll be done between 1:00 and 2:00. If you're booking a flight, overestimate. Traffic in LA is unpredictable and usually pretty bad. :laugh:

I've never heard of "informal interviews" at UCLA, so it might be different for you.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions about UCLA! :) :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I have yet to receive more information regarding my OHSU interview on 12/6. Will repost when I get more information, though. Congrats.

Elastase said:
I don't know the answer to your question...but...

Did you take statistics already?

When were you complete w/ the secondary?

I am hoping to interview...Thanks in advance.

I am taking statistics now. I completed for UCLA Sept14th. For OHSU Sept 30th.

Goodluck.

UCLAstudent said:
Do you mean 9:45 AM?

If they told you to be there at 9:45 AM, it means that your interview will be in the morning. I don't think that they'd make you come in so early for an afternoon interview. I interviewed in the afternoon, and they had me come in at 11:45. You'll have a tour at noon, which should last an hour. I'd say you'll be done between 1:00 and 2:00. If you're booking a flight, overestimate. Traffic in LA is unpredictable and usually pretty bad. :laugh:

I've never heard of "informal interviews" at UCLA, so it might be different for you.

Good luck! Let me know if you have any questions about UCLA! :) :thumbup:

On the letter it said "we are also currently in the process of arranging an informal interview with a medical student and/or tour of our medical facilities. the informal interview and/or tour will be conducted at 11:45am by one of our medical students in an effort to familiarize you with our school and part of the UCLA campus. lunch will be provided...please report to the office of admin at 9:45am" blehblehbleh.

mdung said:
On the letter it said "we are also currently in the process of arranging an informal interview with a medical student and/or tour of our medical facilities. the informal interview and/or tour will be conducted at 11:45am by one of our medical students in an effort to familiarize you with our school and part of the UCLA campus. lunch will be provided...please report to the office of admin at 9:45am" blehblehbleh.

Okay. That just means that you have the possibility of getting a student interview in addition to the faculty interview. Most people only get a faculty interview, though. They're just giving you a heads up. Most likely you'll have the tour, instead.

I had an interview at UCLA 2 weeks ago. My logistics:

Please arrive by 9:45AM. I arrived at 9:30AM and my interview began right away even though it was not supposed to start until ten. The interviews are 2hours long with one MD or PhD. I talked with a really great biochemistry PhD for 2 hours and it really felt like I knew him and he knew me by 12 when I finished. In the early batch that I was in, there was a 10 AM (myself) and a 1PM(another applicant) interview that both were scheduled to be 2 hours. 12-1 was a lunch and tour of the campus with 2 med students. THere was no financial aid or orientation. It was short and sweet and I was out the door before 2.

Later in the interview cycle they said they were going to be adding a 2nd interviewer, a med student, for each applicant to interview with. My interviewer told me that Jan 15 was the earliest one could hear of an acceptance to UCLA and stressed rejections will come out as early as tomorrow :).

Any questions about UCLA, Wake Forest, NYMC, Temple, or GWU....PM Me I'm more than glad to help...I've gotten so much from being a lurker on this site I figure I should give a little back :)

SlippingSloth said:
Later in the interview cycle they said they were going to be adding a 2nd interviewer, a med student, for each applicant to interview with. My interviewer told me that Jan 15 was the earliest one could hear of an acceptance to UCLA and stressed rejections will come out as early as tomorrow :).

Congrats on all the interviews! :)

Just a note ... last year, the first post-interview news was acceptances (at the end of January). Post-interview rejections didn't happen until later.