OHSU Conditional Acceptance Program 2007

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by loppy, Apr 30, 2007.

1. loppy

Pre-Medical
    HI Everyone,

Anyone apply to the OHSU Conditional Acceptance Program?? I did this year but haven't heard much from anyone. Please let me know if you've heard anything? Thanks,

Loppy:)

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. AsnAngel

Pre-Medical
    I also applied and haven't heard anything. I have emailed the HOP program and the Program director (Se-ah-dom Edmo) twice and they never responded. I also called the Office of Diversity twice and left messages, both were never returned. Let me know if anybody else hears anything...

:confused:

4. Doc Henry

Doc Henry blowin' in the wind
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
    would you mind filling me in on what this program is?

5. AsnAngel

Pre-Medical
    From their website:

The Post-Baccalaureate Programs offer students who have already applied and been denied to Medical or Physician Assistant Schools a second chance with conditional admission to OHSU. Our program will give you the opportunity to improve your overall academic performance in a 14-month program offering science coursework, an MCAT/GRE Kaplan course, health care experience and intense academic advising. Successful participants will be guaranteed acceptance to OHSU medical school or physician assistant program

Medical Degree Post-Baccalaureate Conditional Acceptance Program
    http://www.ohsu.edu/ohsuedu/academic/som/diversity/diversity-achievement.cfm

6. Doc Henry

Doc Henry blowin' in the wind
    10+ Year Member

MDApps:
    Pre-Medical
  7. AsnAngel

Pre-Medical
    Finally got a response from OHSU regarding all my inquiries. Apparently, Se-ah-dom Edmo no longer works at OHSU as of May 11th and any information regarding the Diversity Achievement Programs should be directed to Laurie Mecham.

When I emailed Laurie Mecham at OHSU, she replied:
    I'm sorry for the lack of communication.* The program administrator left for another college in March, and that set the timeline back. I believe that letters were sent out yesterday.

Finally!!!