Ohsu Hold Pool Question.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

searun

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Historically, does OHSU ever make its hold pool decisions and establish its waiting list order prior to May 15 or is it always after May 15? I know that last year, these decisions were made several weeks after May 15. But is that time frame simply the way OHSU Admissions always does business or was last year unusual? I am holding several acceptances but I need to hear from OHSU before I can make my final decision. Is there any chance of knowing my fate before May 15 or am I simply going to have to select one of my currrent acceptances by May 15 and then wait and see what OHSU decides later in the Spring or summer?

Members don't see this ad.

I could be wrong, but didn't applicants get their final accepted/refused/waitlist numbers a few days before May 15th last year? Also, it's alright if you select one school to hold a seat at, and then if you get accepted at OHSU, you can always give up your seat at the other school if you choose to. I think the one downside is if you have to put down a deposit at the school--that you'll probably lose. But hopefully we'll hear a few days before the 15th, although financial aid packets may not be out by then...