OHSU Interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

amonkeybutt

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone been contacted about an interview at Oregon Health & Science University? Someone from the admissions office told me they are expecting to be interviewing in November, and it's here and I haven't heard of anyone with an invitation. I wonder if they are behind or they are just interviewing a select group first. Anyhow, enough rambling, someone with an answer or opinion please free feel to share your thoughts. :confused:

Members don't see this ad.

I sent in secondary six weeks ago but have not heard back. Did you get a postcard saying your application was complete? Mine should have been complete a week or so ago, so I am expecting the postcard any day. Also, any MPH applicants for OHSU or other schools out there?

i have not received my postcard and it has been one month since i sent in the secondary. but i don't think that's surprising, i did call to check after two weeks and they said to just sit tight and wait. so i am. i'm thinking when it gets close to the 30th this month i will call again if i don't receive a postcard. i also hear that the first interviews will be primarily local people (portland, eugene, etc) i think. care to share where you are from? ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
Have heard nothing. Sent secondary on 10/4, they received it 10/9, they cashed my check on 10/13, but still no postcard, much less an interview invite.

well, i decided not to wait and boy am i glad i called. the girl in the office searched forever for my file and then told me that they had placed my letters in a different folder (she said probably because when they received my letters they hadn't made a file for me yet). this is why i haven't received an application complete postcard! now that she found them she'll put them in the folder and send me a postcard right away. not that i'm really dying for the postcard but NOW they'll finally start REVIEWING MY FILE :) :) :) btw, they are starting to interview next week.

--------------------------------------------------

amonkeybutt,

Hi! I had a couple of questions for you about your call to OHSU. The exact same thing happened to me when I called about getting a postcard, except that the
lady I talked to said they never received them. When you spoke to them, did they say if any interview invites had already gone out or when they would first be
sent? Also, was any mention made of whether that since they just "found" your letters that your app would be reviewed for an interview any later (since this is
my same situation)? Sorry about all the worries, I just really want this to work out. Good luck with all your applications.

Mr. Turtle

--------------------------------------------------
I am doubtful they will review my application any faster because they had sort of misplaced my recommendations. I think it's gonna go in the regular processing file (which is what the girl implied) so I should just sit tight and wait. Yes, I believe they have already notified people of interviews. At least I would think so, since they are interviewing NEXT WEEK!!! I certainly hope they give people some advance notice. But I also know they are expecting to interview locals early on, so perhaps they aren't giving much notice. In short, my app will be put at the bottom of the pile now that it is "found" and the lucky people will start getting interviewed next week.
Are you from Oregon? Please let me know if you hear something also.

Since they've had my secondary for over a month and my LOR's even longer, I decided to call based on your experience, and found out that my app is complete except for my Aug. MCAT scores. They were getting those in dribs and drabs from AMCAS, but last night finally got a large transmsiion (1500 scores! Can that be right? :eek: ). So now it will take a while to get the scores into the files.

Originally posted by Shellio:
• Also, any MPH applicants for OHSU or other schools out there?•••

Shellio, welcome to SDN! :) I'm thinking of applying to a MPH program eventually, but only after I get in somewhere. After applying to 23 schools while studying for and taking the August MCAT this year, I couldn't deal with any more applications this year!

My parents just called me to say that someone from admissions called the house wanting to talk to me about an interview. Well, to make a long story short, they are going to be calling me at school now, and over Thanksgiving was mentioned as a possible date.

P.S.
Yes, I am from Oregon.

i just called oregon...got the annoying voice trying to deter me from talking to a real person...

for those of you who called, how did you get through to a real person? the voice message was persistent in saying that one can only talk to a real person if an urgent issue is at hand...i just want to check the status of my app...urgent enough?

thanks in advance

Originally posted by jude979:
•i just called oregon...got the annoying voice trying to deter me from talking to a real person...•••

I'll have you know that that annoying voice is me...actually I'm just kidding but you never know who might be reading these things.

That voice deterred me from getting through since I was just trying to find out an application status as my application has been complete since I sent my secondary in in September and still have yet to receive a postcard telling me my application is complete. I'll patiently wait though and will call on December 3 if I have not heard anything by then.

When I called and ignored the annoying voice, I was connected to a very sweet young woman who didn't seem to mind at all checking the status of my application. All I was missing was the Aug. MCAT scores which had arrived but weren't yet in files. To speak to the nice young woman, just press #2 (I think, but it's clear enough on the prompt).

Originally posted by kutastha:
•I think I spoke to the same sweet woman. I discovered they didn't have my rec letters that I had sent over a month ago. :mad:

Andrew•••

Andrew, what is the deal with your rec letters? Didn't you also have a problem with your own school sending letters across campus? I'd be raising a little hell with the office that sends out those letters.

No worries SMW, I'm all fired up. I figured something like this would happen with USC's letter service. I just had to wait for it. Two schools out of 16 isn't so bad, I guess!

Andrew