OHSU - limits

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

illiquid

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
maybe a little late to post this but called OHSU last week and found out that their lower limit for out of state students is:

3.5 gpa, 30 MCAT.

if you havent' heard back from them, and you're under one of these scores, you should call them because they can tell you over the phone. But brace yourself.

Members don't see this ad.

That's strange. My stats were lower than that, I'm from out of state, and I interviewed there earlier this month.

look tweetie!
someone got interviewed last year who was below the cutoff. interesting.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by illiquid
maybe a little late to post this but called OHSU last week and found out that their lower limit for out of state students is:

3.5 gpa, 30 MCAT.

if you havent' heard back from them, and you're under one of these scores, you should call them because they can tell you over the phone. But brace yourself.
May I ask, What is the instate limit?

Are you talking about getting their 2ndary? B/c they screen for secondaries, so why would they send secondaries out to someone that was below their cutoff?

i'm talking about getting an interview if you're out of state. tweetie spoke with someone on the phone who said if you don't have a 3.5 and 30+ then you are put in a low priority pile and your app is unlikely to get looked at ever again. just wanted to show that we shouldn't completely lose hope if we are under the cutoff.

My stats are lower also, well GPA lower but MCAT higher, and I have an interview there. OHSU has a list of priority groups on their website that includes some out-of-state applicants. I fall in that category.

oh yeah, i'm not in one of those groups. :mad: the girl last year was applying md/mph, so i guess she was in one of those groups. what if you already have a friggin mph! that's not as cool as wanting to get one? :rolleyes:

calipremed,
would you mind giving us the url for the page listing priority groups?

thanks!
joanie

Interesting. I have a higher GPA but an MCAT of 30. I already turned in the secondary, and have been sitting on my thumbs ever since. Damn, I would love to go to OHSU, but after reading this thread, hope has diminished.
I'll call them this afternoon to check out my status, and post here if anything interesting comes to light.

Well, nevermind. Got OHSU's rejection letter, treacly commiseration and all, in my mailbox today. Ruined the nice day I was having (completed the second-to-last final exam of my undergrad career, got an A+ on my ethics paper (that was about the OHP, by the way) and found out the prof submitted it to the illustrious (sarcasm) Best Student Essays). F$%@ me and my stupid life.