Ohsu or tufts better for dmd for omfs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SnaggleToofs

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys. I am accepted to ohsu and tufts for dental school. I really want to be an oral surgeon and I was wondering if the school you go to helps at all to get an omfs residency. If so which one would be of a greater benefit? I liked tufts a lot but it is really expensive. I am an Oregon resident so ohsu would be really cheap and I have a house in oregon. Ijust don't want to limit my opportunities by attending a school that won't help my chances o getting a residency. PLEASE HELP!!

Members don't see this ad.

Go to a cheaper school. Plus OHSU has a very respected OMFS program & OMFS faculty. My 2 cents.

Yea, no brainer here. OHSU.

If you can specialize at one school, you can specialize at any other.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am from Washington which is similar in price to Oregon, and am now in Boston... Muggsy is right, Oregon is a clear choice. Boston is too expensive, plus Tufts has a much larger class size which in my opinion is another downside. As always, the great Hotrod is right as well. OHSU is a very well respected OMFS program and you would do well to be there and rub shoulders with the faculty. Another nice thing about OHSU is most of the students are going into general dentistry and you don't have to compete as much.

Go to the cheapest dental school you can. Plain and simple. Good luck

Last edited: