1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

OHSU or TULANE??? any thoughts?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by greenwave34, Apr 2, 2004.

1. greenwave34

greenwave34 Member
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Ok, I'm going to bite the bullet and throw this question out there...I'm struggling between deciding which program is stronger. I know Tulane isn't ranked in USNews, but that's because they don't submit their stats...OHSU is up-and-coming but they don't seem to match as well. Tulane has the MPH option in 4 years, which is appealing...Ahhhh.

Help. Talk to me people!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Tulane submits their stats. They're #54 or something.

4. In the Gorman report, Tulane is ranked very highly. I would go to OHSU though. Much better place to live.

5. emily69

emily69 going a bit crazy here
    7+ Year Member

I haven't been to OHSU but for what I hear it's a good school. I don't know anything about it though.

Tulane has a lot of great things going for it - I noticed during my interview. The study body is *REALLY* friendly, New Orleans is a fun place, though not the safest by far. You'll get plenty of hands-on exposure at Charity Hospital, one of New Orleans' public hospitals. The buildings are unfortunately old and the dissection facilities did not look very new or clean. But they match really well and Tulane graduates are known for their practical clinical skills - they are known to be very useful even during their first year in residency.