• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

greenwave34

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 28, 2003
Visit site
Status
Medical Student
Ok, I'm going to bite the bullet and throw this question out there...I'm struggling between deciding which program is stronger. I know Tulane isn't ranked in USNews, but that's because they don't submit their stats...OHSU is up-and-coming but they don't seem to match as well. Tulane has the MPH option in 4 years, which is appealing...Ahhhh.

Help. Talk to me people!

exmike

NOR * CAL
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
May 19, 2003
Bay Area
Status
Fellow [Any Field]
Tulane submits their stats. They're #54 or something.

E

Eraserhead

In the Gorman report, Tulane is ranked very highly. I would go to OHSU though. Much better place to live.

emily69

going a bit crazy here
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 16, 2003
Visit site
Status
I haven't been to OHSU but for what I hear it's a good school. I don't know anything about it though.

Tulane has a lot of great things going for it - I noticed during my interview. The study body is *REALLY* friendly, New Orleans is a fun place, though not the safest by far. You'll get plenty of hands-on exposure at Charity Hospital, one of New Orleans' public hospitals. The buildings are unfortunately old and the dissection facilities did not look very new or clean. But they match really well and Tulane graduates are known for their practical clinical skills - they are known to be very useful even during their first year in residency.

About the Ads