OHSU secondary question

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OofWillis

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have filled out or are working on the OHSU secondary, what did you do for the EMPLOYMENT/ACTIVITIES HISTORY section? It says to give a brief description. Does this mean to just list what you did, i.e.: Hospital volunteer, Lab technician, Teaching Assistant, etc. Or does it mean to write a mini-essay on each entry?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

OofWillis said:
For those of you who have filled out or are working on the OHSU secondary, what did you do for the EMPLOYMENT/ACTIVITIES HISTORY section? It says to give a brief description. Does this mean to just list what you did, i.e.: Hospital volunteer, Lab technician, Teaching Assistant, etc. Or does it mean to write a mini-essay on each entry?

Thanks!

i just did mine in list form because they said they wanted it to look similar to how they listed it. i gave a very very very brief description. not even a complete sentence just something like:

Lab assistant-helped........., assisted with.......
ER volunteer-watched....., helped......., explained.......

I kept it very brief because they didn't sound like they wanted full paragraphs or anything.

spospo said:
i just did mine in list form because they said they wanted it to look similar to how they listed it. i gave a very very very brief description. not even a complete sentence just something like:

Lab assistant-helped........., assisted with.......
ER volunteer-watched....., helped......., explained.......

I kept it very brief because they didn't sound like they wanted full paragraphs or anything.

Yeah, that sounds good. If nothing else, there will be two of us that do it that way. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
What are the secondary questions for OHSU? I have not been home to get my real mail.

I don't believe that anyone has posted them yet.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer!

When did OHSU come? I haven't gotten that one either.

jillibean said:

i got mine in the mail last wednesday. i was verified 6/30.

jillibean said:

I received mine on 8/5.

chicmonkey said:
What are the secondary questions for OHSU? I have not been home to get my real mail.

I don't believe that anyone has posted them yet.

Thanks for any help that anyone can offer!

What values and personal attributes gained from your life experiences have best prepared you to enter the profession of medicine? (do not exceed one page).

Not an essay: Give us a chronological account of your major activities and employment, including volunteer and summer activities, for the five years immediately preceding your proposed entry to medical school. (do not exceed one page).

anyone else having trouble writing this essay? i have personal attributes and values that i think are important, but i feel unqualified to say exactly why those qualities have prepared me. grrrrr....anyone else not liking this? at least this is the first essay i have really not liked.

spospo said:
anyone else having trouble writing this essay? i have personal attributes and values that i think are important, but i feel unqualified to say exactly why those qualities have prepared me. grrrrr....anyone else not liking this? at least this is the first essay i have really not liked.
I just did some brainstorming about medical & non-medical experiences that have shaped who I am and described those situations.