SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

OHSU secondary received today

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Warren P. Cheswick, Aug 31, 2001.

1. just got the Oregon Secondary today. They are sent out to anyone who applies.

dont' know if this was posted already, but I"m too lazy right now to look.
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. Scooby Doo

Scooby Doo IEatShavedPussyCats 10+ Year Member

Jul 9, 2001
    Any essays?
    Is the secondary pretty simple?
    How much?
  4. Amy B

Amy B I miss my son so much Moderator Emeritus Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Aug 7, 2000
    Cost is $75.
    No essays. It gives you the option to write something additional to your essay from AMCAS.

Minimum gpa to even be considered 2.68
    Minimum MCAT to be even considered 24.

That is about it. They said they are bypassing screening for now to save time. That is why they put their minimun numbers, so those applicants that don't meet those don't waste their money.
  5. C U in MD school

C U in MD school Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jun 7, 2001
    this is a stupid question, but who is OHSU?
  6. CT

CT Member 10+ Year Member

Nov 19, 2000
    Oregon Health and Science University (OHSU) is the medical school in Oregon. They just changed their name from Oregon Health Sciences University this past July. :)
  7. Biz Markie

Biz Markie Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 1, 2001
    I plan on going to OHSU,it is a great school set on the west hills of Portland, portland is a BEAUTIFUL city and I think you would love it there.
  8. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    I agree, Biz Markie. Portland is a GREAT city. Very friendly, lots to do, great public transportation, an hour away from both the beach and the mountains, and simply gorgeous -- both the city and the surrounding countryside. You must be an Oregonian with great stats since you "plan" on going there. Are you applying anywhere else? Do you know if they give any points to out-of-staters with "ties" to the state?
  9. My sis lives in Vancouver...right across the river from Portland. It was's a high pick for me, so hopefully they'll interview me.
  10. whooops! :eek:

I thought OHSU stood for Ohio State University...whooopsie :D
  11. Biz Markie

Biz Markie Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 1, 2001
    Not applying anywhere yet, I'm going to Portland St University (Close to OHSU) then I'll apply to OHSU, everyone there is so helpful, a friend of the family is a neuro there so every thursday go down there with him. Going to start to volunteer there this year also. OHSU gives points to western states that have no medical school, such as Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, ect.. Out of states make up about 20% I believe.

I have not seen medical school, but I have seen qute a few cities and there is no place I'd rather be than Portland. As someone said before, hour from the Oregon coast and an hour to Mt. Hood. We got a bad rep because of the rain season (and it does rain) but the summer is 75-85 blue skies. Lots of women also, I recommend Washington Sq for that. I'm rambling but I love the Northwest.
  12. SMW

SMW Grand Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 12, 2001
    anchorage, ak
    Yeeeeahhhy!!! Alaska has no medical school!! And I have a sister & brother-in-law, aunt, and cousins who live in Portland. And a grandma, uncle & aunt & cousins who live in Corvallis.